Chat commands

Masha Revnik

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I remember that I once read that you can type something in chat that will return your map coordinates,  what is that command?

Can you direct me to a complete list of chat commands?

Also, I want to adjust the poseball positions in my furniture.  Is there a way to get the appropriate coordinates to tweak furniture from a chat command?

8 answers to this question

Well, let's see here...

You don't need to chat to get your current coordinates.  They are displayed in the location info window just to the right of your top menu items.

location.thumb.jpg.1187d1a79f208882239111a992e79ef3.jpg

If you use the Firestorm viewer, you can find a list of chat commands in Preferences, under the Chat tab, CmdLine Sub-tab...

commands.jpg.f2ad47ee505421ca06c1fabc228716d5.jpg

As for poseball positions, they are most often adjustable by a menu in the furniture.  You select the edit option, then grab a handle that appears, and move it with your mouse.  When the position is where you want it, hit Save.

• Like 1

So ‘cpcampos’ is the command I’m looking for, I guess.  

I would still like to know how poseball positioning can be hard coded into the furniture.  It seems that when I edit the position card or add animations to furniture all of the personal offsets that were added from the menu get dumped, and I have to go back in and readjust them.  

I guess if you need to know where I’m coming from specifically, I moved the Ruckus engine from the ugly default bed into something else, and would like to calibrate the positions to fit the new bed.  

I also added some good VAW anims to the same bed and found that by copying the {x,y,z} sequence from a menu item that rezzed in approximately the right place I initiated the poseballs correctly.  

I’m guessing that {xyz} sequence is relative position from the prim that the engine lives in.  I’m sure I can fiddle with it to figure it out, but is there a built in tool for reporting this sequence or is it all just trial and error?  This bed takes a long time to initialize, so trial and error is painful.

Edited by Masha Revnik

The sit positions are adjustable as Lindal pointed out. 

With AVsitter the position is saved into script memory. When the region restarts script memory is saved and reloaded. Your saved positions remain. To some degree when a server crashes script memory is sort of saved... the server periodically saves script memory. A restart will use the last saved set of script memory. But, that last-good set may not include recent positions.

There are cases where you must reset scripts. If you do that your saved positions are lost.

To work around various problems AVsitter will allow you to export the saved positions. You copy those exported values into a note card and place the card in with AVsitter scripts as the default positions. When script memory is lost for whatever reason, the default positions are read from the note card.

Other animation-sitter systems handle this in slightly different ways. nPose & AVsitter are similar.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Masha Revnik said:

How does a developer determine the positions when the furniture is built? Do they manually export it from AVsitter as you described or is there a more elegant solution?

AVsitter itself is used to create the positions and the animations for each position. This is the information stored in script memory. If the scripts are reset then they lose all this information, so it reads this information from a notecard called AVpos. 

The person creating the AVsitter positions, etc. will test them, tweak them, do whatever they do until they are happy with the result. Then they select "Dump" from a menu (you must have the full permissions or copy/transfer version of the script to see this option). When that option is clicked on then all the AVsitter data is dumped into chat. Then you copy all that chat and paste it into the AVpos notecard. Then reset the script and it will read the notecard. Test that all works as desired. Finalize and call it done.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Thanks 1

On 6/29/2019 at 3:38 PM, Masha Revnik said:

How does a developer determine the positions when the furniture is built? Do they manually export it from AVsitter as you described or is there a more elegant solution?

No... it is a rather tedious solution. AVsitter has two positioning methods. There are the controls in the blue dialog menu that moves position in increments of 1, 5, 25mm (cm?) along the X,Y,Z axis. And there are the Adjustment Prims. both use a DUMP and paste to note card as Alyona described.

Someone manually sets every freaking animation's position... Literally, positions are for every animation and specific avatar that sits and runs the animation. The result is a combination of avatar shape/height, whether the animation is made for the size avatar sitting, and the two hover height settings of the avatar. So, the only surprise is when I sit and it looks right...

• Thanks 1

On 6/26/2019 at 8:25 AM, Masha Revnik said:

I remember that I once read that you can type something in chat that will return your map coordinates,  what is that command?

Can you direct me to a complete list of chat commands?

Also, I want to adjust the poseball positions in my furniture.  Is there a way to get the appropriate coordinates to tweak furniture from a chat command?

I just thought I'd add this - there are not general chat commands other than what is described above. Though there are a lot of keyboard commands for second life, whcih you can memorize here (I've memorized the camera movement commands, myself: Camera HUDs are so overrated and over-priced LOL):

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/All_keyboard_shortcut_keys

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.