I need help with this

Aelsiyi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello I am kinda new on the forum.

I am into Second Life for almost a year and there's a thing that never happened to me before. I made a clean installation of my Windows 10 Pro operating system, then I have proceed to install all the drivers and programs that I usually use, including the correct graphic drivers for my Nvidia GTX 1060 graphic card. Everything seems to work fine but everytime I log on Second Life with Firestorm or any other viewer, when I log out the screen goes totally black or glitchy showing a weird amount of colors and scan lines. I don't know why is this happening, I checked all my drivers and they are all up to date and seems to work fine. Some people says that the problems is a program called "f.lux" but I don't have a thing called like that on my system. Sometimes when I disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable again it solves the screen issues but I don't want to have this everytime I log out from SL.

Any help please?

2 answers to this question

This is a known bug with the Windows 10 1903 update.
For the LL viewer, there is a fix in the LL Rainbow-RC viewer, which you can download here: https://releasenotes.secondlife.com/viewer/6.2.3.527758.html

Are you sure you are seeing this problem on the latest Firestorm release?  Firestorm already has the fix for this bug in the release viewer.
Also to note, you can fixed the messed up display after exiting the viewer by using the shortcut Ctrl + Shift + Windows + B  to reset the display adapter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't find the JIRA... but this is a known NVIDIA problem. Try rolling the Nvidia driver back 1 or 2 versions.

AND this morning 6/18 Rainbow RC Viewer has become the main default Linden Viewer. The RC has  will soon poofed and you'll find it on the SL main download page.

Edited by Nalates Urriah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1775 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.