SoundLoud. Gestures and Scripts!

Sunbleached

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1845 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello! using gestures, I can assign the same sound several times. they will overlap each other and the result will be a VERY loud gesture sound! Is it possible to repeat this in one script, using llPlaysound several times, timers, for example, somekind of tricky way? or something else?

btw: Is it possible to activate such a worn gesture with the help of a script?

Edited by Sunbleached

Sure you can.

{
    touch_start(integer total_number)
    {
        llTriggerSound("You're pretty good!", 1);
    }
}

But there's inevitably going to be a small delay between those sounds, causing an "echo" of sorts. The more they overlap, the louder the sound amplifies.
Alternatively, you could try your luck with llLoopSoundMaster and llPlaySoundSlave, but they're a little finicky and don't always sync right at all. But when they do, it's perfect.

And no, you can't trigger gestures from scripts. The only way to make an avatar say something in chat is with llDialog, but even that won't trigger gestures.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

The only way to make an avatar say something in chat is with llDialog, but even that won't trigger gestures

Well you can, sorta. As long as the llDialog is set to channel 0, and the button contains text that will trigger a gesture

EDIT: Nevermind, it worked for me before, maybe the viewer code changed to ignore llDialog in relation to gestures

Edited by Ruthven Willenov
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Again, it won't work. I specifically tested that to double-check before making a comment on it.

I see that now, odd, i was able to do it before. Maybe they "fixed" the viewer code to not let dialogs trigger gestures. I had a bingo hud with a "Bingo" button that would pop up a dialog with /bingo to trigger a gesture i had to say "BINGO!" and play a sound. tried it again after not using it for a while, and you are right, it didn't trigger it now, and i checked to make sure the gesture is still active

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ruthven Willenov said:

Maybe they "fixed" the viewer code to not let dialogs trigger gestures.

Huh. I wonder why that would get attention. I'm not seeing how it would be used for griefing or anything. The change must have needed some conscious effort; somehow it got slotted for development.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1845 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.