Pay this resident link in my profile

Hollinia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I would like to know how to have a hyperlink on my profile which says, "Pay Hollinia" and when they click it, the pay thing in SL pops up and they select the amount they want to pay. How do I do it exactly? thank you.

13 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

It only works in Firestorm. Most (if not all) other viewers will often see gobblede*****. Do also understand that people are wary of clicking links in profiles unless it has "secondlife.com" in it. That is an "app" link and so... Just saying.

It work's in all viewers, the code from from LL. Picture below from official viewer.

VKvRWx1.png

(the COFFEE OS thing is my self rolled AO / utility script package)

• Like 1

I'm not sure you can.  What you describe is a tip jar script, and I don't think you can do that with a profile hyperlink.  Maybe one of our script wizards like Rolig will have an idea.

But why?  Anyone can pay anyone any amount by just right clicking their avatar and selecting "Pay".

17 hours ago, Hollinia said:

thank you CoffeeDujour...that works perfectly. 

It only works in Firestorm. Most (if not all) other viewers will often see gobblede*****. Do also understand that people are wary of clicking links in profiles unless it has "secondlife.com" in it. That is an "app" link and so... Just saying.

1 hour ago, CoffeeDujour said:

It work's in all viewers, the code from from LL. Picture below from official viewer.

VKvRWx1.png

(the COFFEE OS thing is my self rolled AO / utility script package)

Oh, well that's me showing my age, then. Shush!  LOL

Can you please tell me how to make a link in my profile to direct someone to my wishlist on marketplace? And I do use Firestorm most of the time but sometimes I use the official viewer. Thank you

Edited by Hollinia

19 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

@CoffeeDujour, where/how does one place that magical link?

Anywhere 'rich' text is rendered by the SL client, my examples are local chat, but profiles (assuming in viewer profiles, not web ones) works too - this is how store links end up in picks, and how profile links occasionally turn someone into a starter avatar.

Hmm...I tried that.  The text changed from the         secondlife:///app/agent/<the_key_of_the_avatar_to_pay_here>/pay     to    "Pay Lindal Kidd".

But it wasn't a live link.  When either I, or my alt, called up my profile and tried clicking on the Pick, on the Pick title, or the text "Pay Lindal Kidd", nothing happens.

payme.PNG.d5bf248e746ebde57c99aa61f19d4466.PNG

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.