aurora russell

aurora Russell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Aurora - if you mean one of the older linden homes then you'll need to abandon it to be able to get a new home (which are sold out right now). If it's mainland you purchased then no, but you will need to have premium membership to be eligible (and 1024m of land free under your tier allowance I think). Hope that helps:) There's more info here:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:New_Linden_Homes_2019

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 2

Thanks Evangeline.  A further question to clarify, please - it is one of the older linden homes and my purchased land is on the mainland.  So - I have a total of 1024m (half linden freebie 512 and half purchased 512).  When I abandon the old freebie, which is a 512 and move to a new 1024 - will that mean I will have to either sell or pay tier on my mainland owned land???  

2 minutes ago, aurora Russell said:

Thanks Evangeline.  A further question to clarify, please - it is one of the older linden homes and my purchased land is on the mainland.  So - I have a total of 1024m (half linden freebie 512 and half purchased 512).  When I abandon the old freebie, which is a 512 and move to a new 1024 - will that mean I will have to either sell or pay tier on my mainland owned land???  

In order to claim one of the new Linden Homes you have to have at least 1024 sqm free. So you can own a mainland plot that you are paying tier on and also have the free 1024 sqm to use for a Linden Home or if you don't want to pay tier then you must give up the mainland so that you have a total of 1024 sqm free.

Checking if you have enough land tier available

If you don't have any land already in Second Life, then you will always have enough land tier, because each premium account comes with 1024 sq m of land tier. There are two ways to check if you have enough available tier:

• Inworld: From the Viewer menus, choose World > My land holdings... your available land tier is listed in Available for land purchases.
  • Website: If you already own land, then you can also check if you have enough land tier on the Second Life website:
    1. Go to “Your Account”.
    2. On the left side of the page, click on “Account Summary”.
    3. Find the section called “Land Holdings”.
    4. Available square meters for purchase at your current tier is listed under “Available for purchase”.

5 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

until the time comes when LL will remove all the older homes - but that may be some months away yet

Given that Patch said he had to replace something like 36,000-38,000 Linden Homes and they have only rolled out a bit over 3000, I'd say it will be many, many months away and more likely over a year at least.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.