Making objects (temporarily) unselectable

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

I post this in the viewer forum as I would expect it should have a viewer side solution.

I have added a bunch of rain generators in my backyard, which I love BUT they operate using like a whole forest of invisible objects, which makes interacting with anything else a complete nightmare.
I've locked the objects and set firestorm to ignore selection of locked objects, which at least means I can use area selection to move other stuff. But anything that requires a touch interface I have to zoom up "really" close to be able to register on anything but rain.
Is there a flag or something I can set so that it ignore clicks to certain objects (i.e. treats them as if they are not there) on Firestorm?
I had a poke but couldn't see anything obvious, but I could be blind!

Thanks,

Usagi

When you're editing stuff you could always just pick up the rain objects & then use "Restore to last position" when you're done.
Another idea, but I'm not logged in atm to check if it works - does temp derendering the rain stop it getting in your way of clicking?

In Firestorm (maybe the LL viewer also) under Advanced, there is an option to 'Hide selected' or something like that.  If you check that option, and then click the rain (in edit mode, maybe), it basically turns it invisible and you can click whatever is under it to select it.  Granted, the underneath object will then turn invisible to you while selected, but it will be selected.  At least, my foggy memory is telling me that is how it works.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

I recently(a few weeks ago) thought of a feature request for a "click-through/alt-cam-through" prim param setting so environmental effects prims such as snow/rain/shadow and depth-of-darkness prims and even npc's hovering around nearby game objectives or pickup objects, can easily be clicked through or alt cammed through.

I just haven't filed it for fear of the ever-popular "Can't tackle at this time." template response, heh.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.