Something's Missing in Inventory Search

EnCore Mayne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1804 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Shapes show up under "Clothing/ Body Parts".  Your screenshot looks like you are using an 1.23 3rd Party viewer so that may be part of your problem.

well, that's not too refined. they're buried with system clothing, alpha textures,  shapes, tattoos, eyes, system brows, skins, physics shapes, & shoe bases. did i miss anything? might as well search for ALL.

btw, i'm using Firestorm. the Starlight skin has no affect on any underlying functionality as far as i know. look closer, you'll see it's not a screenshot either.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Your screenshot looks like you are using an 1.23 3rd Party viewer so that may be part of your problem.

the screenshot of OP is the selection that you get when clicking "all types/custom" button, it's also available in FS ( think also LL), it's to let your inventory show only certain types of objects. But shapes is indeed no seperate category.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

the screenshot of OP is the selection that you get when clicking "all types/custom" button, it's also available in FS ( think also LL), it's to let your inventory show only certain types of objects. But shapes is indeed no seperate category.

Shapes have always been under "body parts". For some reason (I am guessing the viewer used) "body parts" isn't showing up.  My screenshot is from Firestorm.  

While that customization search USED to be in the Linden viewer, I don't see any way to get to that now -- but I almost never use the Linden viewer so it may be possible.

So YES you do need to be able to customize the search.  I guess I just wasn't clear enough. 

image.png.c7d676d049ba6018ab25fd0a2ae4afdc.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EnCore Mayne said:

where's the Shapes item in the Inventory's Show Filters window? look for yourself. it's not there in Firestorm or Sl's viewer. how come?

inventory search filter.png

OK. NOW I am very confused.  "Shapes" is right there in this screenshot of yours.  Maybe I missed the whole point. 

On with the day.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

OK. NOW I am very confused.  "Shapes" is right there in this screenshot of yours.  Maybe I missed the whole point. 

On with the day.  

I believe that screenshot was shown as a comparison. As in, "this is how it used to be, but now it's not." See:

927b681e3c.png

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

"Shapes" is right there in this screenshot of yours.

only my desires to have what is not there.

1 hour ago, EnCore Mayne said:

btw, ... look closer, you'll see it's not a screenshot either.

many ways to not get what you don't have. wonder when they'll implement the "Mesh" item.

Show Filters.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1804 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.