baby avatar

davidtrimmer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There are several stores that sell infant and toddler avatars. You can even play as a preemie newborn, and have your avatar grow in stages. You can find them by doing a search in Second Life Marketplace under "Complete Avatars > Complete Human Child Avatars"

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, saskia1172003 said:

You actually can't and you can also be reported as pedo.

That is not true.  There are many players who present themselves as a baby or child.  You can not get reported* unless you are engaged in (or in close proximity to) sexual activity. 

To the OP, mallienna's suggestion for looking on the Marketplace is a good idea.  I would also suggest, after you identify a couple of avatars that you think would work, that you try a demo and that you also look for clothes for that particular avatar, so that you will know whether the one you choose has a good selection/quantify of clothes available for it. 

*ETA further clarification:  People may report you if they don't understand the TOS, but it is not a TOS violation unless there is sexual activity happening/present.  Many "A" rated areas will not allow child avatars just because, and many child avatars stay away from "A" rated places on principle.

Edited by moirakathleen
further clarification
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/8/2019 at 3:30 AM, moirakathleen said:

That is not true.  There are many players who present themselves as a baby or child.  You can not get reported* unless you are engaged in (or in close proximity to) sexual activity. 

To the OP, mallienna's suggestion for looking on the Marketplace is a good idea.  I would also suggest, after you identify a couple of avatars that you think would work, that you try a demo and that you also look for clothes for that particular avatar, so that you will know whether the one you choose has a good selection/quantify of clothes available for it. 

*ETA further clarification:  People may report you if they don't understand the TOS, but it is not a TOS violation unless there is sexual activity happening/present.  Many "A" rated areas will not allow child avatars just because, and many child avatars stay away from "A" rated places on principle.

Oh, fine. Good to know! My answer came just because of my personal experience (I was too short) so I was required to change my avatar look.

Edited by saskia1172003

17 hours ago, saskia1172003 said:

Oh, fine. Good to know! My answer came just because of my personal experience (I was too short) so I was required to change my avatar look.

That depends on where you are, with who you are and what you're doing.
Some clubs have personal rules about minimum hight, they will also get upset if you are half the size of your partner.

On 5/10/2019 at 6:18 AM, saskia1172003 said:

That's nothing to do with Linden Lab policy, it's just rules set by the owner of the particular parcel you were on at the time. Parcel owners can set whatever rules they like (aside from rules that go directly against the TOS). Some land-owners are (mistakenly) anxious that their avatar will get into trouble if they allow child avatars (or avatars that might be mistaken for children).

As far as Linden Lab policy is concerned, child avatars are allowed anywhere, even in Adult regions. They just can't be in proximity to sex objects, or people having sex. 

Anyone can report anyone else as a pedo, but it means nothing without evidence and simply using a child avatar isn't evidence.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.