need suggestion for unique brand HOMES...

Sandra8675

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm in the process of looking for a new home.  I've looked at a couple different brand homes.  Can anyone recommend a designer/ company that makes cool looking detailed homes?  I've looked at BAZAR homes which are my favorite so far, I really like BAZAR brand designer/ homes and look. 

-I like at least 2 - 3 bedrooms 

- Some examples of what I like is the 'Arizona' style home, beach/ coastal, Frank Lloyd Wright and or cape cod style homes.

- Not really looking for a 'castle' style home.

Are there home brands anyone would like to recommend are cool and or unique looking?  I appreciate any suggestions.  Thank you

4 hours ago, Sandra8675 said:

I'm in the process of looking for a new home.  I've looked at a couple different brand homes.  Can anyone recommend a designer/ company that makes cool looking detailed homes?  I've looked at BAZAR homes which are my favorite so far, I really like BAZAR brand designer/ homes and look. 

-I like at least 2 - 3 bedrooms 

- Some examples of what I like is the 'Arizona' style home, beach/ coastal, Frank Lloyd Wright and or cape cod style homes.

- Not really looking for a 'castle' style home.

Are there home brands anyone would like to recommend are cool and or unique looking?  I appreciate any suggestions.  Thank you

Your preference for style and design is your own and that will vary wildly among the population. So, therefore, I recommend you search Market Place for "prefab" and you will get thousands of hits. I further recommend to turn on COPY checkbox then sort by NEWEST FIRST. If you specifically want only mesh creations, then search for (without quotes) prefab AND mesh - that will get you only results that include "mesh" in the description.

Then start flipping through what you see, open a new tab for any thumbnail that looks somewhat interesting. After you've gone to 5 to 10 pages of results and have a list of 10 to 15 homes to preview, that's when you look at each detail page. Don't buy it, yet, though - close the tabs of the ones that don't make the cut for you, and for those that still look interesting hit the "See item in Second Life" link to TP and preview the home in-world.

If there is no way to preview the home, scratch it off your list (seriously, do this as fast as you can).

If you do find one you like, look to see if there is a "DEMO FOOTPRINT" that you can get for free. The better home and building designers will create this - a prim floor-plan that you can place on your parcel to be sure it will fit. When you find the home you want to buy, buy it from Market Place if possible. Sure, they may offer a CasperVend redelivery terminal and such, but, Market Place is more reliable as that is the SL system keeping track of it. Not to mention you can leave reviews, take a redelivry without having to go in-world and hunt a Redelivery CasperVend terminal and so on.

Good luck and happy house-hunting!

Edited by Alyona Su

4 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Your preference for style and design is your own and that will vary wildly among the population. So, therefore, I recommend you search Market Place for "prefab" and you will get thousands of hits. I further recommend to turn on COPY checkbox then sort by NEWEST FIRST. If you specifically want only mesh creations, then search for (without quotes) prefab AND mesh - that will get you only results that include "mesh" in the description.

Then start flipping through what you see, open a new tab for any thumbnail that looks somewhat interesting. After you've gone to 5 to 10 pages of results and have a list of 10 to 15 homes to preview, that's when you look at each detail page. Don't buy it, yet, though - close the tabs of the ones that don't make the cut for you, and for those that still look interesting hit the "See item in Second Life" link to TP and preview the home in-world.

If there is no way to preview the home, scratch it off your list (seriously, do this as fast as you can).

If you do find one you like, look to see if there is a "DEMO FOOTPRINT" that you can get for free. The better home and building designers will create this - a prim floor-plan that you can place on your parcel to be sure it will fit. When you find the home you want to buy, buy it from Market Place if possible. Sure, they may offer a CasperVend redelivery terminal and such, but, Market Place is more reliable as that is the SL system keeping track of it. Not to mention you can leave reviews and so on.

Good luck and happy house-hunting!

Thanks for the info.  Still learning to use mp.  Your info is useful.  ty!

51 minutes ago, Sandra8675 said:

Thanks for the info.  Still learning to use mp.  Your info is useful.  ty!

Hey, we all had to learn at one time. I always try to remember the frustrations I had myself, so I am happy to help in any way I can!

Here are some Market Place search tips: using "boolean" operators: AND, OR, NOT, "" (Quotes)... - these must always be CAPITALIZED.

Red AND blue AND socks AND mesh will return only red and blue mesh socks (both red and blue on the same socks).

Red OR Blue AND socks will return either red or blue or red-and-blue socks that may or may not be mesh.

Mesh AND socks NOT demo will return mesh socks, but not anything with the word "demo" in the name or description.

"Pink Polka Dot Purple Undies" - will return only items that have the *exact* phrase in the item name or description.

It always works best to use OR statements before any AND statements and put NOT statements last. For example:

red OR blue OR pink OR omega AND lipstick AND catwa NOT demo [and then turn on COPY checkbox to remove all Gachas, then sort by Newest First to find the latest stuff] :D

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Hey, we all had to learn at one time. I always try to remember the frustrations I had myself, so I am happy to help in any way I can!

Here are some Market Place search tips: using "boolean" operators: AND, OR, NOT, "" (Quotes)...

Red AND blue AND socks AND mesh will return only red and blue mesh socks (both red and blue on the same socks).

Red OR Blue AND socks will return either red or blue socks that may or may not be mesh.

Mesh AND socks NOT demo will return mesh socks, but not anything with the word "demo" in the name or description.

"Pink Polka Dot Purple Undies" - will return only items that have the *exact* phrase in the item name or description.

It always works best to use OR statements before any AND statements and put NOT statements last. For example:

red OR blue OR pink OR omega AND lipstick AND catwa NOT demo [and then turn on COPY checkbox to remove all Gachas, then sort by Newest First to find the latest stuff] :D

I totally saved...  'Mesh AND socks NOT demo will return mesh socks, but not anything with the word "demo" in the name or description.'  I've been wondering how to stop 'demos' from showing in mp.  ty again!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.