sacammed/stolen linden

Kwanger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Submit a support case, including as much detail as you can but not speculating about things that you do not know.  Refer to a specific section of the TOS or the Community Standards that you believe may have been violated.  Linden Lab will not usually intervene in a dispute between residents, but will act on a TOS violation.

• Like 2

No one can "take" your $L...but you can give them to someone.

It is always a risk to commission custom work in Second Life.  It's a risk to both the buyer and to the seller.  If you pay in advance, and the seller doesn't perform, you lose your money.  If I create a custom job for you, turn it over for your approval and you don't pay, I have no recourse and have been robbed of my time and effort.

For any work involving serious amounts of money, it's best to exchange Real Life contact data and draw up an enforceable contract.  No agreement in SL can be enforced legally, because of the anonymity of the parties.

12 hours ago, Kwanger said:

Is there a way to report scamming/stolen L?   I have screenshots and info detail everything that happened.  Was trying to commission a custom avatar, and the person took my L and blocked me

Live and learn. For anyone considering hiring another SL Resident to do anything for you:

1. Agree on the final price before any work begins.
  2. Never pay more than 10-15% of the final price up-front.
  3. Only pay the full remainder of price on delivery (preferably through a sales vendor or prim.)
  4. Bonus: find a reputable "Escrow" method: an idea is an Auction Board that YOU own: creator goes into an auction and you bid. If the product is not delivered on time, cancel the auction, reset to new deadline and bid again. On delivery: complete the auction - the creator gets paid. Just an idea to protect yourself. But creator also wants to be protected that they get paid for their work.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1829 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.