Small rooms?

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

If my lines sounded judgemental in any way, it wasnt on purpose. Im on the lower end of the scale with being 1.61 meters tall. :)

No, not you at all, but I'm aware of others within the SL community who can be.

5 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

My favourite house is Traditional - Winchester the two story one with the balkony. I took the measures of all the rooms.
Ground floor: Kitchen facing the street 5,5 x 6 m - the backroom (living room) with the terracedoor to the garden is 9x6 m
Upstairs there is one uge room 7x9,5m plus a spacy balkony (about 6x3m) - lots of room for furniture!

To find out wether my PixelMode kitchen would fit in I made a dummy of the kitchen floor with marked doors and windows:

Kitchen_Floor.jpg

Kitchen_PM5m.jpg

It fits in fine (the 5m version) plus the middle block.

The house is just perfect and in RL you would consider the rooms quite big, even if you are 200cm ;)

I tested the old Lindenhomes but they are FAR too large without seperate rooms - so you can just shatter your furniture anywhere - and they still look dead and empty!

So the room has three windows? Oh my. Well, I can always set up a false wall. Or look at the layout of the L-formed kitchen again.

Or use a kitchen like this, then the third window would be over the sink. My avatar is facing the door. I don't like this last kitchen. I mean I like it, but not in this room. If I were to use the largest room downstairs, I would have it there and with a bigger island maybe?

(I notice that I missed to adjust the texture on the edge of the counter top)

kit 2_004.png

kit 2_005.png

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

The room has three windows and unfortunally they are rather large so you couldn't fit any part of the kitchen under them.

image.thumb.jpeg.274450e95f1b98b1c9c6f060cf198008.jpeg

PS: Did a little calkulating on the measures I posted yesterday:

Ground floor: Kitchen facing the street 5,5 x 6 m that is- 33qm
the backroom (living room) with the terracedoor to the garden is 9x6 m - 54qm
Upstairs there is one uge room 7x9,5m makes another 66,5 qm 

This adds up to 153,5 qm living space in the house not counting the corridor, stairs and the spacy balcony (about 6x3m = 18qm) that plus the nice big garden makes what I would call a VERY NICE home! Can't wait to move in!!

Edited by Leora Jacobus

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

The room has three windows and unfortunally they are rather large so you couldn't fit any part of the kitchen under them.

image.thumb.jpeg.274450e95f1b98b1c9c6f060cf198008.jpeg

PS: Did a little calkulating on the measures I posted yesterday:

Ground floor: Kitchen facing the street 5,5 x 6 m that is- 33qm
the backroom (living room) with the terracedoor to the garden is 9x6 m - 54qm
Upstairs there is one uge room 7x9,5m makes another 66,5 qm 

This adds up to 153,5 qm living space in the house not counting the corridor, stairs and the spacy balcony (about 6x3m = 18qm) that plus the nice big garden makes what I would call a VERY NICE home! Can't wait to move in!!

Low windows? No worries. I have lived in RL homes with low windows and had the kitchen bench in front of them. It's not an issue unless they open in. I had a fitted shelf in the same height as the counter top, so nothing was falling down in the opening.

In SL, this is even easier. And on the outside, I place a window box that cover the bottom part of the window.

For my L-shaped kitchen, I think I can have a fake wall and kitchen cabinets in front of the one window. On the outside, I add on closed shutters so it looks good.

Kitchen cabinets with closed doors save LI too. It's the small decor that really eat up LI. 😄

But, it would be nice to stand there by the bench and take a cup of coffee...

It is Easter after all, and I am alone home so why not have fun editing some kitchens.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

This is my houseboat layout. I have logged out and don't remember the name, but it is the one with 2 doors. I wanted a kitchen, bedroom and bathroom.

But it is tight living. I can see if I take photos later today. The livingroom is actually very nice and roomy, the kitchen with the entrance is big enough, the bedroom and bath, not so much. But I have a normal sized tub, toilet and 2 sinks there.

The illustration is not something I have measured, it is all by memory. I should have done it, but it was too late when I had logged out.

houseboat.jpg

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.