Come celebrate Bay City's Third Anniversary

Blondin Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Join us in a parade on Saturday, 14th May, starting from the bandshell in Bay City - Harwich and travelling down Route 66 and Park Place to the Bay City Fairgrounds at North Channel!

Parade staging
Sunday, May 16th at 12:00 p.m. (Noon) SLT
Meet at the bandshell in Bay City - Harwich, with additional room in Bay City - Dennis, Bay City - Tisbury, and Bay City - Edgartown. The parade will begin promptly at 12:30 pm. SLT.
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Bay%20Ci...wich/11/11/24/

Parade viewing:
Don't feel quite like the march? We have several handy parade viewing areas! Here's SLURLs to two of them:
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Bay%20Ci...ns/128/228/24/(General)
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Bay%20Ci...on/240/228/24/ (Moderate)

Parade end:
Parade will conclude in North Channel -- but hang around for fun and festivities at the Bay City Fairgrounds! Live music will be starting at 1:30 p.m. SLT!
http://slurl.com/secondlife/North%20Channel/128/128/24/

Who can participate?
Bay Citizens, Nova Albions, Shermervillians, Blumfeldians, Nautilods, and *all* residents of the Second Life Grid are welcome!

What do you want?
Festive outfits, unique avatars, costumes, floats, Macy's parade-style balloons, marching bands, stilt walkers, dancers, kids on bikes, dancers, drill teams -- you name it! Come and represent your own special part of Second Life!

Because there's to be a parade, silly! :smileytongue:

And a MUSIC EXTRAVAGANZA.  Which, now that you mention it, might be worth listing for the benefit of those planning their (next) weekend.  Cribbing from a poster:

12:30 - DJ Marx

1:30 - JoeUSA Shelbyville

2:30 - Christov Kohnke

3:30 - Yaro Pinion

That's not to mention the thrill of being in the presence of multiple Bay City residents, simultaneously!

(Or, almost equivalently: "if you have to ask....")

In that case he ought to have posted somthing along the lines of, "Come and see the parade and enjoy the music events" because there's no reason that I know of to "celebrate" the anniversay of when a piece of land was created. In fact, I know of no reason the "celebrate" anything that Linden Lab does.

Phil Deakins wrote:

In that case he ought to have posted somthing along the lines of, "
Come and see the parade and enjoy the music events
" because there's no reason that I know of to "celebrate" the anniversay of when a piece of land was created. In fact, I know of no reason the "celebrate" anything that Linden Lab does.

Well that's fine, and your choice to do -- but I know for those of us who live and work in Bay City, we're awful proud of our little part of the mainland, and like sharing our anniversary with the rest of the grid. We celebrate not only "LL plopped these regions down in May 2008," but their continued support of our city (several new mole builds are going on in the city right now, for example) as well as the works of our Residents. Plus hey - it's a good enough reason to throw a big party, yes?  :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

Qie Niangao wrote:

And a MUSIC EXTRAVAGANZA.  Which, now that you mention it, might be worth listing for the benefit of those planning their (next) weekend.  Cribbing from a poster:

Why, I'll crib a bit more, even!

As part of Bay City's Third Anniversary, enjoy a music extravaganza in the Bay City Fairgrounds on the 14th of May!

Third Concert Poster.jpg

Performing will be Bay City's own DJ MARX (MARX DUDEK) from 12:30-1:30 p.m. SLT, followed by JOEUSA SHELBYVILLE from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., Nova Albion's CHRISTOV KOHNKE from 2:30-3:30 p.m. SLT, and finally long-time Bay City friend YARO PINION from 3:30-4:30 p.m. SLT.

MARX "DJ MARX" DUDEK (12:30-1:30 P.M. SLT)

Sometimes-human-sometimes-bunneh is a DJ and owner of The Listening Room in Bay City Westside, an informal music-listening venue for all ages.  Marx's clothing-and-gadget shop, Kerfuffle, is opening in Bay City soon as well."

JOEUSA SHELBYVILLE (1:30-2:30 P.M. SLT)

"I made a living as lead singer in show group, lounge groups, and playing six nights a week for 38 years. For 16 years of  the 38 years I did a single act playing guitar, singing as I played bass and organ pedals with my feet. I do own a Fender Stratocaster guitar, Fender precession bass , an Electric Piano & Acoustic Yamaha guitar -- and I do play them all."

CHRISTOV KOHNKE (2:30-3:30 p.m. SLT)

"Hi, I love to sing and play the guitar. I play pop music of all styles from all ages. I play in real life and find playing in SL a lot of fun. I love to play lead guitar too so don't be surprised if you hear me soloing over myself using a looping device that I use to record myself in the moment and then play over that. I pride myself in all of my playing be live and in the moment versus pre-recorded in any way."

YARO PINION (2:30-3:30 p.m. SLT)

"Yaro Pinion has played the guitar since the age of 7 (for more than 40 years), but he has concentrated on the 12-string guitar since 1976. His live RL/SL guitar and vocal performances include Classic/Southern/Soft Rock and Country Ballads delivered with his very own unique beautiful, melodic picking style. Yaro performs live from his office/studio located near Atlanta, Georgia in the USA."

Event held at the Bay City Fairgrounds in North Channel, easily accessible by boat, car, walking , or teleport, and the end location of this year's parade. Come on down!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/North%20Channel/104/134/29

I want to say thank you to all who participated and made the event possiblee, particularly LisaHot Juran and Ever Dreamscape for helping make the love music even happen, our performers Marx Dudek, JoeUSA Shelbyville, Christov Kohnke, and Yaro Pinion, March leaders LisaHot, Ever, Pygar Bu, RacerX Gullwing (leading the racing snails), MsFuzzy Dumpling, and Cindy Vichan, Blondin Linden for his support, the involvement of the LDPW and individual moles, particularly Garden, Sylvan, and Hyper, the other Residents of Bay City, and our friends from Nova Albion, Luskwood, Mowry Bay Yacht Club, the Virtual Railway Consortium, GOHA, and other groups who I failed to catch the name of (including at least one other yacht club).

We had 60± marchers, a max of 56 at the party (and stayed largely above 40 for the first two hours), and a whole lot of fun. :-)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.