Giving You What You Want?

TanyaLynnRoss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1898 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone! So, I have a rather tiny problem that maybe someone could help me solve. Since I started playing SL I always wanted to open my own business, I saved, worked, even made friends who believed in me. However, my idea for a Host/Hostess Club doesn't seem to catch peoples attention as I hoped. With all the strip clubs, sex clubs, etc. it seems hard to compete with something that people can get for free. So, my question is.....what do you want? I thought about a Maid Cafe or Host/Hostess Club, but that just brings me back to the problem at hand. What will people be willing to pay for? I'd love to hear you're suggestions, keep in mind that this will be a member only business. So, people have to be willing to pay for whatever you suggest.  Also, it will be a roleplay based theme. 

Note: Maid cafés are a cosplay restaurant found predominantly in Japan. In these cafés, waitresse are dressed in maid costumes act as servants, and treat customers as masters (and mistresses), rather than as café patrons. You cand find more info on them here (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maid_caf%C3%A9)

Hostess clubs are a common feature in the night-time entertainment industry of East Asian countries. They employ primarily female staff and cater to men seeking drinks and attentive conversation. The modern host clubs are similar establishments where primarily male staff attend to women. More about them here (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Host_and_hostess_clubs)

Edited by TanyaLynnRoss
  • Like 2

What is a Host/Hostess Club?  For that matter, what's a Maid Cafe?  How about describing what you have in mind in a bit more detail?

However, regarding MOST clubs/roleplay areas:  Nobody will pay directly for them.  You'll have to support yourself by:

• Tips offered to performers or DJs at events you hold (the club gets a percentage)
  • Selling things related to the club's theme, or charging rent to store owners who offer such things for sale
  • Renting out places for the serious roleplayers to live, right there where they spend most of their time
  • Like 1

I know there are maid cafes in Japan. They are having one at the anime convention I attend...the convention...not the cafe. I believe there is going to be an after hours "mature" show as well. 

I think this particular fetish is sometjing relatively new in SL so it might get interest from people looking for something new and from otakus who are already into it. 

As to making money? Tip jars for sure. Maybe a premium paid service? A special adult midnight show for big spenders?  Perhaps gamifying the tipping experience? E.g. Give customers a wearable badge that displays a title, lights up different colors, etc and the maids/butlers can pay more attention to them. 

5 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

What is a Host/Hostess Club?  For that matter, what's a Maid Cafe?  How about describing what you have in mind in a bit more detail?

However, regarding MOST clubs/roleplay areas:  Nobody will pay directly for them.  You'll have to support yourself by:

• Tips offered to performers or DJs at events you hold (the club gets a percentage)
  • Selling things related to the club's theme, or charging rent to store owners who offer such things for sale
  • Renting out places for the serious roleplayers to live, right there where they spend most of their time

I can just say something; not ALL clubs take a cut from your tips as I know from a few I worked and currently work for do not take cut of my tips.

14 minutes ago, MrsSeren said:

I can just say something; not ALL clubs take a cut from your tips as I know from a few I worked and currently work for do not take cut of my tips.

Quite true, but I was speaking from the point of view of a club owner who wants a way to monetize her venue.  Another method is to have separate tip jars, one for the performer, the other for the club.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Quite true, but I was speaking from the point of view of a club owner who wants a way to monetize her venue.  Another method is to have separate tip jars, one for the performer, the other for the club.

Yeah, best thing to do is make the tip jar FUN so staff can have fun with it!! We have Benny the Gator complete with his girlfriend; Betty the Beaver and our staff (I'm a manager for said venue) love having fun with them both and that how it should be; I think.

7 hours ago, TanyaLynnRoss said:

Hello everyone! So, I have a rather tiny problem that maybe someone could help me solve. Since I started playing SL I always wanted to open my own business, I saved, worked, even made friends who believed in me. However, my idea for a Host/Hostess Club doesn't seem to catch peoples attention as I hoped. With all the strip clubs, sex clubs, etc. it seems hard to compete with something that people can get for free. So, my question is.....what do you want? I thought about a Maid Cafe or Host/Hostess Club, but that just brings me back to the problem at hand. What will people be willing to pay for? I'd love to hear you're suggestions, keep in mind that this will be a member only business. So, people have to be willing to pay for whatever you suggest.  Also, it will be a roleplay based theme. 

Note: Maid cafés are a cosplay restaurant found predominantly in Japan. In these cafés, waitresse are dressed in maid costumes act as servants, and treat customers as masters (and mistresses), rather than as café patrons. You cand find more info on them here (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maid_caf%C3%A9)

Hostess clubs are a common feature in the night-time entertainment industry of East Asian countries. They employ primarily female staff and cater to men seeking drinks and attentive conversation. The modern host clubs are similar establishments where primarily male staff attend to women. More about them here (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Host_and_hostess_clubs)

Any kind of Hospitality Business in Second Life is usually done as a passion project by the owner, it has to be understood that going in you may never make money, or you could absolutely make enough and get by very well due to doing it right by your customers/visitors. However regardless of what happens in that month, you will still be the one to foot the bill, however that bill is paid it will be on you. So because it will be a work of passion, you need it to be something that you want to do, engage in yourself and enjoy regardless of the income, because otherwise the stress can be too much. You also have to have options if no one turns up, whether that be staff or customers, because SL happens, RL happens and the like, if your show cannot go on, you need to make sure something else does if you have a room full of people expecting something, especially if they pay for it. You need to really be invested emotionally and financially, because there are so many other things going on, you have to engage fully and if you can't you need to work out if that is really for you. Having a business, any business in SL is hard work, it is not only hard work in the moment, but well into the future, you have to make sure your RL can handle that kind of dedication too. 

In your ideas you also have to consider timezones a big thing, who is your customer base, what is the best time to put on shows, have less or more staff and so on. 

Good luck in whatever you do end up doing

• Like 3

Thanks, I'll give it real thought. I love a lot of Japan culture, I watch a quite a bit of their Live-Action Drama's and anime. So, I'm really leaning towards a Host Club, or Maid Cafe. I want to do something unique and appeals to both sex.  

Edited by TanyaLynnRoss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1898 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.