Land for sale / land restricted?

Ruby Reynaud

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can anyone please explain to me the rationale for putting land up for sale but having it set as restricted access? I've been tp'ing around enough in the past few weeks looking at land for sale and have encountered numerous plots that are restricted. I tp in, then get a little blue warning box saying I must vacate immediately. Sure makes it hard to look at the land for sale. What gives??? This is very annoying and I don't understand why someone who wants to sell their land would actually make it impossible for a potential buyer to view it.

Somebody has to say it:  There is another possible explanation.  If the land is outrageously overpriced, and it's situated such that being access-restricted poses a tremendous inconvenience, it may be the seller's attempt to bully a neighbor into buying.  This was briefly a fairly common practice for adfarmers gone bust, trying one last desperate scam to unload their roadside microparcels before the Lab started cracking down on them for it.

On the other hand, if it's land somebody might actually want for a price somebody might actually pay, then yeah: the seller just screwed up. 

Incidentally, if it's possible to TP to the parcel, only later to be ejected from it, then the culprit is a "security" script, not restricted access parcel permissions.  That's only of possible interest because this seller seems likely to need detailed hand-holding through the process of minesweeping their parcel.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.