Mesh Bodies

kalaland

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1904 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Your mesh body is a system that consists of several parts.

• The mesh body itself
  • A whole-body alpha mask that hides your classic avatar body
  • A HUD to control various aspects of your mesh body
  • optionally, hands, feet, maybe a head.

When you put your mesh body on, you must also wear all the other parts.  I put them into a folder called "wear me", then just right click that folder and choose Add to put them all on at one go.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Your mesh body is a system that consists of several parts.

• The mesh body itself
  • A whole-body alpha mask that hides your classic avatar body
  • A HUD to control various aspects of your mesh body
  • optionally, hands, feet, maybe a head.

When you put your mesh body on, you must also wear all the other parts.  I put them into a folder called "wear me", then just right click that folder and choose Add to put them all on at one go.

Adding to this: WIth most bodies you can take of your HUD after configuring your body... saves a lot of script time. Just remember where it is when you need it again.

Lindal provided a good basic answer. 

Using folders is one way to get all the things you wear in one place to easily add. I use OUTFITS in Appearance for the same thing, an easy to get it all together wearable. The advantage of Outfits is the item does not have to be copied into numerous folders. Also, Outfits work the same for Copy-OK and No-Copy items. Outfits use a link or some call them a shortcut that points to the item rather than a copy of the item.

I make a NUDE Outfit as a beginning place for all my Outfits. I have several with one being a mesh body, feet, hands, and head and another being a classic body. I include the HUDs that allow me to change appearance in the Outfit. 

In most cases where an applier is needed, I include the applier as part of the Outfit. As an example think of an Applier Swimsuit. I may use several different appliers between the times I wear that suit. So, it gets replaced. Wearing the swimsuit outfit won't produce the look I am expecting as that suit is no longer 'applied' to the body. So, I need the applier to apply the suit again.

The alternative is making copies of the body to save and use with specific Outfits. 

One of the big problems with mesh bodies, things, is updates. Using Outfits versus copies of items is that we can use Replace Links to update an Outfit without have to remake it. There is no replace item. So, updates are WAY easier with Outfits.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
oops

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1904 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.