How ABOUT that... an ad for SL found on Bing page

TechDave

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1920 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Fontula said:

One thing I noticed in Mouselook is that you can't see yourself. This is usually not a problem for walking around and stuff, but if I ever wanted to use SL in a virtual reality format, I would like to see my own virtual body when I looked down. Why spend so many Lindens on clothes I never see?

"Show Avatar In Mouselook" is a setting.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, TechDave said:

I just bought my first GOOD mesh helicopter.. and I'm REALLY enjoying it!

One of Kelly Shergood's? Those are great but quite hard to fly. She's a heli pilot in RL and her SL helicopters are very realistic. They're not stable; you have to be constantly making control inputs.

(I want joystick input for vehicles in SL. You can attach a joystick to SL, but all you can see in LSL are arrow key events from the joystick moves.)

2 minutes ago, animats said:

One of Kelly Shergood's? Those are great but quite hard to fly. She's a heli pilot in RL and her SL helicopters are very realistic. They're not stable; you have to be constantly making control inputs.

(I want joystick input for vehicles in SL. You can attach a joystick to SL, but all you can see in LSL are arrow key events from the joystick moves.)

I got a small one that's amphibious (I'll put down on water often.. just to hang out!) It's the AW R-22m really small but I like it. I know of Shergood's.. and may continue shopping, never know what I'll stuff in inventory NEXT!!

I'm a RL pilot too, tho fixed wing... and flight physics do loosely translate into SL. (I'd say SL is much more 'forgiving' than RL flight!) I can regularly 'score' SL fixed wing landings in the 90% ranges. I LUV those new 'landing score' runways!!

Further I have the 3dconnexion mouse... haven't tried it with flight yet.. that's coming UP soon! I tried to use it for avatar walking.. but seems too sensitive for that. It's GREAT for 'fly-cam' shopping tho!!  

46 minutes ago, Fontula said:

One thing I noticed in Mouselook is that you can't see yourself. This is usually not a problem for walking around and stuff, but if I ever wanted to use SL in a virtual reality format, I would like to see my own virtual body when I looked down. Why spend so many Lindens on clothes I never see?

Well, maybe think of Mouselook or VR as experiencing the situation in the same way we experience RL. We might buy a nice outfit for an evening out and appreciate the new clothes, look in the mirror before we go, or sneak into the bathroom during dinner and make sure a piece of food is not between our teeth as well as admire our new clothes. But most of the time would be spent looking out at the world through our eyes...looking at our surroundings...paying attention to the conversation. We are never looking at our backside as we speak or walk around.

This gives a much greater sense of really being in the situation -- an immediate presence. Staring AT ourselves from some detached point above or behind us creates a sense of distance or separation, as if we are not 'us' but instead looking at another person or something outside us.

* Even in VR  (unless in certain games) you can get that detached camera view though...take a peek at yourself.

Edited by Luna Bliss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1920 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.