An Attachment Changed my Avatar

neevy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

A friend gave me an attachment,  (oken kcalb)  and when I wore it.. it changed my avatar into a neko.  Problem is, I cannot change it back to my original avatar.  There are no options for "delete" "replace" "remove" "detach"  .. nor can I edit this hideous body.  Trying to wear my regular … it will not replace what i am wearing.  Please .. any suggestions?

Edited by neevy
wanted to list the name of the attachment

9 answers to this question

If the neko body is a classic body, then you should be able to drag your normal classic shape and skin onto it and be normal again  Or use DEVELOP >>> Avatar >>> Character Tests to reset to factory specs.

If the neko body is mesh, then find it in inventory's WORN tab and detach it. 

Edited by Rolig Loon

I suspect you are thinking of the neko avatar as a single thing. It is a collection of components. Each of the components will have a way to detach or replace it.

Rolig gave the way to change the "collection" of parts.

If that is not working consider whether you are using RLV. Without knowing which viewer you are  using we are guessing. Clicking Developer (Ctrl-Alt-Q)->Avatar->Character Test->Test [male/female] always works unless you are using RLV.

Edited by Nalates Urriah

As with Miakis, this happened to me when I fist got SL. Transformed my avatar completely.   Luckily, I was a few days old so I did not yet buy an avatar or had a lot of inventory. I had to end up cancelling my account and creating a new one.   I have learned since never to accept any attachments, and whoever gave you this is certainly not a friend.  I would suggest filing a complaint to prevent this from happening to anyone else.  

Character test should work fine, but remember that it's affecting your classic body.  If you are wearing a mesh body, the classic body will be hidden, so it doesn't make any difference whether you did the character test, since you'll never see it. You should be able to detach the mesh body, though, or replace it with another one.

12 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Character test should work fine, but remember that it's affecting your classic body.  If you are wearing a mesh body, the classic body will be hidden, so it doesn't make any difference whether you did the character test, since you'll never see it. You should be able to detach the mesh body, though, or replace it with another one.

if you do character test though there is no ALPHA to hide your system body, so it should override completely so that your system would poke through, and shape etc, the other trick used to be to just drag a folder onto your body, because a folder drag is a replace all function, it won't leave an alpha behind, even dragging the same girl next door which is the character test does the same thing. Library > Clothing > Female Shape and Outfit @neevy

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.