Customizing/combining existing product furnitures.

Sellium

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1935 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all 😊

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. Recently I happened upon a piece of furniture that I realized looked completely different from the original. It had the name of Rawage's Contemporary bed, but the only trace I could find of that name were the animations and a script under the contents tab inside edit mode. When using the "Edit Linked" option, I couldn't find a physical piece on the outside or inside that referred to that bed as its source.

I'll post some pictures comparing the two, and I apologize for how it's going to make this longer in length.

The original bed and the scripts included at the bottom:
f89bf3bcdf79e88279dbcffaa6f0da62.png.5ea5882dc33434e2d317d07c171d061f.png
871ddbeefdf57a9e4f9104087e21d0c0.png.e6ce00c6fae3ccdbb4b183596b2813ab.png

The edited bed and its scripts:

6af7ac40a039fee74a96a19f1e53e554.thumb.jpg.883b081e386bbe9b7455fe49eef13da1.jpg

94002ce6af01512a5881b31d2e59fc4e.png.699c50d1a7722b927f02696effbe6e3a.png

Both have avsitter but I didn't bother to include that. Here is also an image of what I see when inspecting the whole edited bed:

d276db95a1111fcd9d0b192e0b4a2384.png.84b274bc6f3f0fabd637ad5f90f60188.png

So my thought was that the base in the RW bed, made invisible in a way that I can't really find it with edit linked, and then these other pieces make up the physical look, but I remember that the scripts are different too, so I'm not sure. I'm not really expecting to be hand held to be able to replicate this, but I don't even know where to start. I'd like to eventually be able to do something like this on my own, but I'm not sure how to do so.

Edited by Sellium

Standard procedure for second Life furniture merchants:

Buy some full perm meshes, link them together, make your own root prim so you show up as the creator at first glance and add whatever textures and animations you want.

The list in your last picture looks a bit suspicious though. Both Trompe Loeil and Soy make their own meshes afaik and they don't sell them full perm. If they are combined into a single item that is for sale, they're almost certainly copybotted - that is stolen - meshes.

Not sure if either of the two creators are on the forums but if they do, they may be interested in seeing this. Paging @Cory Edo and @Soyoy

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ChinRey said:

The list in your last picture looks a bit suspicious though. Both Trompe Loeil and Soy make their own meshes afaik and they don't sell them full perm. If they are combined into a single item that is for sale, they're almost certainly copybotted - that is stolen - meshes.

Would be interesting to know where Sellium found them... they could be in a private home just recombined out of things the owner purchased in a legit way. AV-Sitter isn't rocket science - I managed to do so, I'm sure others will as well.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Would be interesting to know where Sellium found them... they could be in a private home just recombined out of things the owner purchased in a legit way. AV-Sitter isn't rocket science - I managed to do so, I'm sure others will as well.

That was my thought.  I know of one of my customers who uses different pieces in a rez box type thing and just rezzes the bed they what out at that moment

29 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

It wasn't in any store or on sale of any kind. It was in a interior designed room in Mirage. I don't believe it was stolen or anything like that, just someone putting a bunch of things together.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1935 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.