kidkrazii

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1963 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So... I Logged in This Morning and Secondlife was running really well... that is, until this woman showed up and started flirting with me... I wasnt interested so I told her that I was 17 instead of 19 so that way she'd have the idea that I was underaged and leave me alone but from she left i just crashed and now I'm not able to enter any adult region.......

Please Help!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, kidkrazii said:

So... I Logged in This Morning and Secondlife was running really well... that is, until this woman showed up and started flirting with me... I wasnt interested so I told her that I was 17 instead of 19 so that way she'd have the idea that I was underaged and leave me alone but from she left i just crashed and now I'm not able to enter any adult region.......

Please Help!

In related news, someone ran into a police station waving a gun and they got shot.

In our next story, someone went up to a dog that was foaming at the mouth and tried to pet it. They got bit multiple times. There's a very good chance that they will die.

In other words, you did exactly the one thing that is most likely to get you banned instantly from Second Life - implying that you're underage and engaging in adult activity. You'd be banned even if you suggested your avatar was under 18 and engaging in adult activity. I'm surprised you can even log in on the forums.

By the way -- probably an incredibly bad idea to say you're 17 in your profile too.

• Like 9

Yeah... don't do that. 

You know there's a block button, right? If someone is harassing you, open their profile and block/mute that person. Before that, try just... saying no thanks? I know, novel idea...

It's possible she reported you. Since the worst you were doing at that moment, according to your story, was standing somewhere you shouldn't have been, your account may have been downgraded to an "under 18" level pending review? I'm not sure that's something LL does, but it's...possible, I suppose. You'll need to actually contact LL via support ticket to find out for sure. If you haves a Premium account, you can try live chat, as well. Also, check the email you used to sign up, if possible: LL wil usually send you a message if you are banned. Of course, they also usually ban your whole account...

There's another possibility, as well. If the person you lied to told the location owner or manager, and that person owns multiple adult regions and/or had contact with other owners of said regions, you may have ended up with a massive region ban - any and all of those owners may have banned you from their land. In that case, it's not an LL issue - it's a user dispute. LL will not interfere. You'd need to contact at least one if those land owners and explain. Good luck; given the consequences of allowing underage adult activity, I'd keep the ban in place, personally.

Do you get a specific message when you try to enter adult regions? What does it say? That might shed some light...

Edited by Ariel Vuissent
  • Like 1

If you can't change your maturity level preferences back, then you'll need to create a support ticket.   You are lucky that your account wasn't banned altogether.  Don't be surprised if Support asks for some type of verification for your actual age. 

If nothing else, perhaps you'll just need to spend a year exploring everything else that SL has to offer that is not adult related. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kidkrazii said:

I wasnt interested so I told her that I was 17 instead of 19 so that way she'd have the idea that I was underaged and leave me alone

Since you already got some advice on what to do now, I want to dig into why this up here ^ was a bad idea from every angle.

- There would have been easier ways to get rid of a flirty woman. You could have been honest, tell a lie with less consequences or block her.

- Being underage is really nothing to joke about in SL. Most people are quite paranoid about accidently running into an underage person and probably not only report you themself, but ask friends and bystanders to join in.

- Its not guranteed to stop someone from flirting with you at all. For multiple reasons.

- You now have the burden of proofing that you are actually 19 and not just a 17 that found out he could get banned so easily from adult content.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1963 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.