Other people textures are not loading help :_( ?

iremm16

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1956 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Understand, however, that Linden Lab created the jelly doll feature as a way to protect your graphics card from being overloaded by trying to render avatars that are WAY too complex.  The problem is that many clothing designers create clothing with no thought to how much extra load they place on graphics cards, and how much lag they produce.  Jelly dolls simplify those grossly complex avatars and give your machine a chance to live a relatively lag-free life. If you increase your Maximum Complexity setting, you are deliberately reversing the effect.  It's your choice, of course, but the price you pay is that your FPS and graphics quality may suffer unless you have a truly high end machine that can handle it.

• Like 1

Rolig is right, your complexity setting is a tradeoff between how nice things look and performance.  Experiment with your setting to see what works best for you.  I have a pretty good graphics card, so I keep mine at 350,000, just short of "unlimited".  You shouldn't use "unlimited", because then you have no protection against avatars wearing graphics crashers.  Most avatars these days have complexities well under 200,000, and a great many are under 100,000.

Here is a good video all about Avatar Complexity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxWrqd0o3dc

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1956 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.