Last Name Change

LuxCross

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, LuxCross said:

In this thread; 15th birthday secondlife ; there was told that we could change our last names / usernames in the future. And that we'd get more details later 'this' year. But now the year is almost over and we've still not heard much about it. When are we going to get this feature? 

yes there was news a little while back, but possible you missed it ... it will be later than expected, there's no real timeline announced than : soon ... but later.

• Like 1

From a comment in one of the other threads here in the forum about being able to change last names, it was discussed at the last town hall meeting, and sounds like the implementation estimate is now second quarter of 2019, based on the complexity of the changes needed. 

From what I've read my understanding is that one will need to be a premium member, and there will be a USD fee for initiating a name change.  The choosing of a last name will be a similar method as in the past - choosing a name from a list of available last name choices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is a post from my blog which pulls together all the information about the upcoming ability to change your user name in Second Life. The latest word is that this feature will require you to have a Premium SL membership, it will cost about US$20-25 and it will not be available until the second quarter of 2019 at the earliest:

https://ryanschultz.com/2018/03/22/more-details-on-the-upcoming-ability-to-change-your-user-name-in-second-life/

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.