seen a new one...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1980 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I was standing in one of the sims I regualar at,  in came this person, as I stood their and watched their group tag as changing, as in making little paw prints above their name then spelling out the group tag they had on, this rinsed and repeated over and over,  I've been here long enough to realize all it's reloading and reloading and reloading the group over and over,  that means the LL backend is constantly refreshing that group over and over.   Why is this even possible?    @Tommy Linden

1 hour ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

wonder how it slipped in.

It was an intentional RLV feature for setting the avatar's active group/role. Note that RLV is completely third-party and it's nothing more than making the viewer do things it could do anyway. Changing your group is nothing new, this just allowed the viewer to do it automatically in response to specific chat messages (which is how RLV works).

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

10 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

LL are aware of this feature & will be adding a server side throttle to control how quickly group roles can be switched in the viewer.

Good, this is not even a feature we need though, I get the rlv group switching, but just no, people are abusing it and it's abusing something on the backend with reloading and reloading and reloading and oh look a cookie.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1980 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.