Turning a normal sized avatar petite?

AngstyJellyfish

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1985 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Is there a way to turn a normal sized avatar into a petite avatar? I have a normal sized avatar with a mesh body that i like that adjusts with the shape sliders. I want a petite avatar version of my current avatar, but my mesh body doesn't come in petite and i don't really like any of the petite avatars available. Is there a way to shrink down my shape further or some other way to achieve a petite avatar from an existing avatar?

5 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, AngstyJellyfish said:

Is there a way to turn a normal sized avatar into a petite avatar? I have a normal sized avatar with a mesh body that i like that adjusts with the shape sliders. I want a petite avatar version of my current avatar, but my mesh body doesn't come in petite and i don't really like any of the petite avatars available. Is there a way to shrink down my shape further or some other way to achieve a petite avatar from an existing avatar?

Petite skeletons are deformed and cannot react to sliders as well big meshes. Even if you deform your current skeleton the width would not shrink accordingly, leaving you with short stubby arms instead of slender ones. Unless you have a 3D file of your current mesh I fear the answer is "No!".

Fiona, aren't you thinking about Tinies?  Tinies are those little teddy bears and other animals, and they do use a "crusher" to deform the stock avatar body.

Petites are even smaller, but their bodies appear human and they move the same way that full size avatars do.  A normal AO will work with them.

I don't know how Petites are made, but I am pretty sure that a standard avatar can't become a Petite.

46 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Fiona, aren't you thinking about Tinies?  Tinies are those little teddy bears and other animals, and they do use a "crusher" to deform the stock avatar body.

Petites are even smaller, but their bodies appear human and they move the same way that full size avatars do.  A normal AO will work with them.

I don't know how Petites are made, but I am pretty sure that a standard avatar can't become a Petite.

That is what I said - if you do not have access to the blender files and on top of that know how to custom shrink a mesh with altered bones you can't.

IF you are interested in the details of how they are made, AvaStar made a tutorial: https://avastar.guru/avastar-2/reference/advanced/tinies-and-giants/

The TL:DR is one uses Blender or Maya to scale down the skeleton and create animations. There are complications, like eyes. Eyes (and I think teeth) do not scale with the skeleton, so you have to make tiny eyes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1985 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.