Can't link my debit card

Arceusor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Good afternoon. This is not the first time I try to bind a Bank card to my account and I get an error about the binding at the end of the process, when I have already entered all the data and clicking "bind". I get the error " Unfortunately, we've run into a problem with your card. Please delete the card and read it. We apologize for the inconvenience."  But at the same time my card is charged for "binding the card". Am asking help why this is happening.

alCeZESQDeI.jpg

8 answers to this question

I'm not sure what money you "lost", of course, but I suspect that you are referring to the trial exchange that always takes place when you register a new payment method.  Linden Lab issues an authorization request to the credit agency -- temporarily creating an entry that looks like a charge on your account.  The credit agency then reverses the operation to verify that the payment method is able to both send and receive money.  As the note in the Knowledge Base says: "At no time is the US$1.00 actually charged, though the authorization may appear on a credit card statement as such. The amount may show as "pending" or "authorized" for a few days, but then will drop off the account entirely. "   This is a standard verification process used by many businesses.

The situation is somewhat different when you try to use a debit card, because debit cards are generally not acceptable as payment methods.  In that case, the credit agency cannot send its verification message, so the payment method will not be registered.  It's my understanding that the "pending" authorization note in your credit account will still remain for a few days but will disappear after a while because no money was actually transferred.  The only way to be sure whether this is true is to wait and few days and see what happens. If the charge is still there, then call the LL Billing Office.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Arceusor said:

Good afternoon. This is not the first time I try to bind a Bank card to my account and I get an error about the binding at the end of the process, when I have already entered all the data and clicking "bind". I get the error " Unfortunately, we've run into a problem with your card. Please delete the card and read it. We apologize for the inconvenience."  But at the same time my card is charged for "binding the card". Am asking help why this is happening.

alCeZESQDeI.jpg

Debit cards don't work as a billing method in the majority of cases.  You need a credit card, paypal or skrill.    The easiest way is connect your bank account with paypal and keep a balance in your paypal account to pay for SL.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Debit cards don't work as a billing method in the majority of cases.  You need a credit card, paypal or skrill.    The easiest way is connect your bank account with paypal and keep a balance in your paypal account to pay for SL.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try to bind a PayPal account and will close the topic if all goes well.

By the way what can I do with the money that I lost in failed attempts ?

Edited by Arceusor

2 minutes ago, Arceusor said:

Thanks for the tip. I'll try to bind a PayPal account and will close the topic if all goes well.

By the way what can I do with the money that I lost in failed attempts ?

Not sure I understand, if you weren't able to add the card how could it charge you money? 

Check your US$ balance at https://accounts.secondlife.com/account  If there is any money in there LL will use that for any L$ you purchase first but if not, your debit card hasn't been charged and you should check with your bank

11 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Not sure I understand, if you weren't able to add the card how could it charge you money? 

Check your US$ balance at https://accounts.secondlife.com/account  If there is any money in there LL will use that for any L$ you purchase first but if not, your debit card hasn't been charged and you should check with your bank

That's how it works. The fact that this card was already linked and worked properly. And now I have entered correctly all my data, click "Add card" and the process is loading and about not reaching the middle, I have an error, which I wrote in the beginning, while the money is debited from the card at the same time. 

And no, the money does not come to my account

z79cvX2-75c.jpg

Edited by Arceusor

3 minutes ago, Arceusor said:

That's how it works. The fact that this card was already linked and worked properly. And now I have entered correctly all my data, click "Add card" and the process is loading and about not reaching the middle, I have an error, which I wrote in the beginning, while the money is debited from the card at the same time. 

z79cvX2-75c.jpg.8b4409a0815d264f6880760f42a17cdd.jpgAnd no, the money does not come to my account

You should contact billing then on these numbers or file a support ticket  https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000131009-contact-support

14 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

You should contact billing then on these numbers or file a support ticket  https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000131009-contact-support

It seems that the only way to solve this problem is to call on the phone, because it is impossible to do it through messages (unfortunately I have very bad English for a call). Thanks for trying to help, but it doesn't seem to make any sense.

Well, let's step through this again.

• Debit cards are not accepted as a payment method.  SOME debit cards have worked in the past, but when you go to re-register them or update them, they will fail.
  • Any time you try to register a new payment method, LL makes a trial charge-and-refund of $1.00 to the card.  This may show up as a charge on your card, but it will be reversed in a day or two.  You haven't lost any money.
  • If there are any other charges that appear on the card besides these test transactions, you should call LL Billing.
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.