HELP - Linden Home

PinkDiamondLove

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2157 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

typically the way it works is that the controls can only be used by the parcel owner

when Set the parcel to your group then you are still owner of the parcel.  For your son who is an owner of the group, to also be an owner of the parcel then the parcel has to be owned by the group.  Owned in this case means deeded. The Deed button next to the Set checkbox in About Land dialog

LL does not allow us to deed our Linden Homes to our groups. So your son cannot be an owner of the Linden Home parcel thru your group

if you do want him to be a full parcel owner via your group then the best thing to do is abandon the Linden Home and obtain a mainland parcel, where the parcel can be deeded to group where you can both enjoy full parcel ownership rights

2 hours ago, PinkDiamondLove said:

why can't I? If it is set to the group then anyone in the group that are Owners should be able to do it and I have heard it Can be done. I just need to know How!

because YOU are the premium account and owner, not your group,  the only abilities available for set to group is set home and rezz.

As Moira said, ask the one that told you it is possible and please share it here, you'd help a lot of people.

42 minutes ago, PinkDiamondLove said:

I have a linden home and I set it to my group, my RL son is a member of the group and was able to set his home to my house but he can't control the panel.. how can I make it to where he has control of the panel also?

you can't

Group permissions are about abilities relating to the parcel and the parcel's information.  A control panel in a house is a separate thing, not directly tied to parcel permissions.  When there are options for something like a control panel or a security orb, etc., to be set to owner only use or to group use, that item has its own configuration option for setting that. The Linden Home control panel does not present any options for granting access permission to a group or to other individual avatars, as far as I can tell.   

If you have heard that it can be done, do you recall from whom or where you heard that?  If it is possible, it appears to be something that is not general knowledge. 

Pink,

Elle and Ethan have explained the problem.  Land can be either "set" to a group, or "deeded" to a group.  With Linden Homes, you can set the parcel to group, but you're not allowed to deed it.  The problem is that devices like radios, TVs, and your Linden Home control panel will only work for the actual owner of the land...and it's only when land is DEEDED to a group that the group is the land owner.

If this is very important to you, I'd suggest that you abandon your Linden Home.  Then, buy a Mainland parcel between 1,024 and 1,126 sq. meters in size for your group (wear the group tag, use the Buy For Group button in the About Land window, click the "Owner Makes Contribution with Deed" box.)  This will give you the ability you're looking for, and will also give you a lot more prims to have fun with. 

NOTE:  The downside to this solution is that you'll have to spend some money.  You'll have to pay an initial purchase price for the land, and you will probably want to buy a house to put on the land.  (You can also build one yourself, but that's a whole other topic).  When buying a house, be sure that it will physically fit on your land.  Most 1,024 parcels are square, 32 x 32 meters.  Make sure the house's "footprint" will fit.  Also, make sure the house will fit within your allowed prims.  A 1,024 parcel can support 351 prims.  I recommend that you budget no more than 100 prims for the house itself.  You'll want the remainder for furniture and landscaping.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2157 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.