Maitreya Mesh Body HUD not working

leila1971

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 11/5/2018 at 3:25 PM, leila1971 said:

Hi everyone, I hope you can help me with this issue

When I add or wear the Metreya Hud 4.1 the windows , Alpha, Layers and Skin & Options don't work.

I got a redelivery but it still won't work.

Any suggestions?

I had a similar issue, and it turns out the body was at fault, not the HUD itself. I got everything redelivered and only until I changed the body and used the redelivered one, the HUD started working. You can try this also.

Edited by TheMadAlice03

There's a button on that HUD that removes all scripts from the body. If you have pressed this, deliberately (perhaps, not knowing what it would do) or accidentally while attending to do something else, your body will stop responding to the HUD. Wearing both the HUD AND the body from a recovery should resolve the issue, if that's the case. 

First two solutions, however, should always be to relog, then to teleport to a different, quiet sim that has scripts enabled. 

The following is a portion of a notecard we pass out in the Maitreya Lara Friends group:

There are very few things that can actually go wrong with the Lara HUD.
In most cases, it's not actually the HUD at all.
Here are a few simple steps you can use:

First, go to Avatar > Avatar Health > Refresh Attachments.  This is designed to get the server and viewer back in sync regarding what you are wearing.
Didn't help?  Read on...

1. Does the HUD open and change tabs?

If "Yes" the HUD is not the problem. Skip to 5

*** If you know you have clicked Delete Scripts/Kill Scripts in Skins & Options, Skip to 7

If "No"...

2.  Check to be sure you are in a parcel that allows scripts. Try another region if you are unsure.
(Maitreya Isle is a good place to test)

3.  Detach your other HUDs to see if one of them was overlapping the HUD and not allowing you to click on it.  We see HUDs as being flat on the side facing us.  They're not.  They have depth, and sometimes they can end up behind an invisible part of another HUD. The other HUD might not be close to the Lara HUD. Check them all.

4.  Try to detach your Lara HUD.  If it will not come off, it's not really there.  This can happen when you Teleport if you have more than one thing attached to the same spot.  The Lara HUD defaults to Bottom Left.  If you have other HUDs attached there too, and there was a bit of lag between SL servers when you TP'd you can end up with your HUD showing for you, but the server thinks it's gone.  Since scripts run on the server, not in your HUD, if the server thinks it's gone, nothing happens when you click.

***  If you for any reason move your HUD to another HUD attachment point, never attach it to Center2 if you use Firestorm. The LSL bridge lives there.

If your HUD was able to open and change tabs, it's time to look at the body.

5.  Make sure you're actually wearing the mesh body. (This happens. Seriously).  Put on the Alpha layer that came with the body. If you disappear, you were not wearing the mesh body.

6.  Your body might not actually be there, even though you see it.   This can happen when you Teleport if you have more than one thing attached to the same spot.  The Lara body defaults to Avatar Center.  If you have other items worn on that spot, and there was a bit of lag between SL servers when you TP'd you can end up with your Body showing for you, but the server thinks it's gone.  If this has happened, you will not be able to remove the body and others will not see it.  This is actually a very old SL problem. 

*** If you have something that must be on Avatar Center (like a pet) move the body to an unused spot.  The pet will not work anywhere else.  Shoulders and hips are not used that often and are good candidates.  Do NOT attach the body to a HUD attachment point. It will look normal to you, but nobody else will be able to see it.

7.  If your body is really there, and you are in a place that allows scripts, there is really only one thing left.  Right click your body, and choose Script Info. You should see something like this in Nearby Chat:

[Script info: 'Body10': [4/4] running scripts, 256 KB allowed memory size limit, 0.894543 ms of CPU time consumed.]

If yours says  [Script info: 'Body10': [0/0] running scripts you have found the problem.
Your body is 'descripted'.  The cure is to redeliver and replace your Body, Hands, and Feet.

***  The only way this can happen is if you click the button in Skins & Options marked Delete Scripts.
On earlier versions, this was Kill Scripts.
Once you click that you are presented with a dialog asking if you are sure.  If you accept the action, the scripts are deleted.
You can't put them back.  There is simply no way to do that.

This was written by Gryphon Ronas, Maitreya CSR. I strongly recommend joining the Maitreya Lara Friends group if you use a Maitreya body. The group is very helpful in all things Maitreya.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/11/2018 at 7:49 AM, Blush Bravin said:

The following is a portion of a notecard we pass out in the Maitreya Lara Friends group:

There are very few things that can actually go wrong with the Lara HUD.
In most cases, it's not actually the HUD at all.
Here are a few simple steps you can use:

First, go to Avatar > Avatar Health > Refresh Attachments.  This is designed to get the server and viewer back in sync regarding what you are wearing.
Didn't help?  Read on...

1. Does the HUD open and change tabs?

If "Yes" the HUD is not the problem. Skip to 5

*** If you know you have clicked Delete Scripts/Kill Scripts in Skins & Options, Skip to 7

If "No"...

2.  Check to be sure you are in a parcel that allows scripts. Try another region if you are unsure.
(Maitreya Isle is a good place to test)

3.  Detach your other HUDs to see if one of them was overlapping the HUD and not allowing you to click on it.  We see HUDs as being flat on the side facing us.  They're not.  They have depth, and sometimes they can end up behind an invisible part of another HUD. The other HUD might not be close to the Lara HUD. Check them all.

4.  Try to detach your Lara HUD.  If it will not come off, it's not really there.  This can happen when you Teleport if you have more than one thing attached to the same spot.  The Lara HUD defaults to Bottom Left.  If you have other HUDs attached there too, and there was a bit of lag between SL servers when you TP'd you can end up with your HUD showing for you, but the server thinks it's gone.  Since scripts run on the server, not in your HUD, if the server thinks it's gone, nothing happens when you click.

***  If you for any reason move your HUD to another HUD attachment point, never attach it to Center2 if you use Firestorm. The LSL bridge lives there.

If your HUD was able to open and change tabs, it's time to look at the body.

5.  Make sure you're actually wearing the mesh body. (This happens. Seriously).  Put on the Alpha layer that came with the body. If you disappear, you were not wearing the mesh body.

6.  Your body might not actually be there, even though you see it.   This can happen when you Teleport if you have more than one thing attached to the same spot.  The Lara body defaults to Avatar Center.  If you have other items worn on that spot, and there was a bit of lag between SL servers when you TP'd you can end up with your Body showing for you, but the server thinks it's gone.  If this has happened, you will not be able to remove the body and others will not see it.  This is actually a very old SL problem. 

*** If you have something that must be on Avatar Center (like a pet) move the body to an unused spot.  The pet will not work anywhere else.  Shoulders and hips are not used that often and are good candidates.  Do NOT attach the body to a HUD attachment point. It will look normal to you, but nobody else will be able to see it.

7.  If your body is really there, and you are in a place that allows scripts, there is really only one thing left.  Right click your body, and choose Script Info. You should see something like this in Nearby Chat:

[Script info: 'Body10': [4/4] running scripts, 256 KB allowed memory size limit, 0.894543 ms of CPU time consumed.]

If yours says  [Script info: 'Body10': [0/0] running scripts you have found the problem.
Your body is 'descripted'.  The cure is to redeliver and replace your Body, Hands, and Feet.

***  The only way this can happen is if you click the button in Skins & Options marked Delete Scripts.
On earlier versions, this was Kill Scripts.
Once you click that you are presented with a dialog asking if you are sure.  If you accept the action, the scripts are deleted.
You can't put them back.  There is simply no way to do that.

This was written by Gryphon Ronas, Maitreya CSR. I strongly recommend joining the Maitreya Lara Friends group if you use a Maitreya body. The group is very helpful in all things Maitreya.

So helpful. I did a test where I highlighted to edit, then picked my head hud. It is actually much bigger than it appears to be. Even when minimized. Its not actually minimized. More like invisible. Luckily, you can move huds or not wear them all at once. Thank you for this. I appreciate it so much.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.