Disappearing Objects

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yesterday I rezzed two objects - a painting and a vase to be specific - wearing the correct tag and a few hours later both objects had disappeared. None of my other objects have disappeared. I rerezzed both objects and locked them and the same thing happened again. This morning they were gone!

Anybody have an explanation for this?

4 hours ago, Damian Glendullen said:

Yesterday I rezzed two objects - a painting and a vase to be specific - wearing the correct tag and a few hours later both objects had disappeared. None of my other objects have disappeared. I rerezzed both objects and locked them and the same thing happened again. This morning they were gone!

Did you check if they are in your Lost and Found folder?

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The land group may be set to allow rezzing, but may also have “auto-return” set. 

Items assigned to the right group aren't affected by auto-return, so that can't be the expanation. But some rental systems can be set to return objects when the renter is over the limit. That may be what happened here.

I am a renter, but I am far from my maximum prim count (just checked). I re-rezzed the items - they remain for like 5-10 minutes maybe and then disappear - and found a couple of mysterious scripts inside, which I deleted but they still disappear. Also other objects don't disappear.

Edited by Damian Glendullen

2 minutes ago, Damian Glendullen said:

I am a renter, but I am far from my maximum prim count (just checked). I re-rezzed the items - they remain for like 5-10 minutes maybe and then disappear - and found a couple of mysterious scripts inside, which I deleted but they still disappear. Also other objects don't disappear.

Did you check your Lost and Found folder?

4 minutes ago, Damian Glendullen said:

Try rezzing them in a sandbox and watch them for 5-10 minutes.  this will rule the land/group in or out of the problem.  ie if they still disappear in  a sandbox it's the items and not the land.  Sounds to me like its one of those auto delete scripts used in demos,

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Damian Glendullen said:

They may be demos, they were in my inventory but maybe they were part of something else that was a demo. Gonna check that out. But wouldn't deleting the scripts remove that?

Yes if you know for sure the scripts really were deleted. completely but that defeats the purpose of demo scripts if that can happen.  Good Luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.