About premium lands

Bebe Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

He-eey

I decided to get my premium membership again after YEARS of being a mere mortal, but I'm not savvy on those matters as I wanted to be so can anyone explain to me how the premium land thing works and how can I claim it, etc? I take it that now we have 2048 of land right?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You could wait for SSP and maybe some of those will be 2048..

Do you want to buy your own land, or do you want a Linden home, or both?

My own land because I despise linden homes with all my heart LOL

3 minutes ago, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

My own land because I despise linden homes with all my heart LOL

Mainland only, first of all. (Private estates and homesteads cost more and you’d have to pay the full tier.)

The only good thing about Linden homes is: free. 

As others have said recently, you can make a premium (I think) alt, form a group with you and your alt, and get a land “bonus” using the group..I believe that the argument was that the Alt’s L$ allowance plus group “bonus” justifies the cost of the extra premium account. If I got these details wrong, someone will correct me.

Or, just search the mainland map for land for sale size 2048, then buy the land (right-click). If your tier will go up it should warn you.

Land auctions are broken right now, pending an upgrade.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

I take it that now we have 2048 of land right?

no, you have 1024 sqm tier level included in your premium. It was 512 before.

It's also a bit misty how it's decribed in the new blogpost,\ about getting the premium discount for the first month, as if the Linden homes have 1024 sqm, but they don't yet. Those are still  512 sqm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One thing to consider when buying any mainland is how much of an investment are you willing to make. It's expensive but IMO totally worth the extra cost to buy double prim land. It's very pricey, but if you look long and hard and have patience you can sometimes find double prim land .. well lets not say a inexpensively .. but for less than most other double prim lands. The good thing about that is when or if you decide to sell the land you will almost assuredly get back your investment and quite possibly, if you were really patient and diligent in the search and found a good deal, make a profit on that land. 

So, if making that kind of investment is something you'd like to look into you can find double prim lands in the Horizons area, Bay City, Nautilus City, and the four regions just to the east of Bay City.

• Like 3

The mentioning of making a group is because groups get a 10% bonus in tier - though it isn't always very helpful until you get into larger amounts of land.  If you do create a group, it MUST have 2 members, so create an alt to be the other owner.  Making the alt premium will give you another 1024 to put in the tier bucket - and if you save the L$ stipend for the alt and cash it out it will almost pay for the membership renewal. 

Then after creating a group (if you go that route), have your alt donate their tier to the group (via the land tab of the group profile), donate your own tier to the group, and then when you buy land, activate the group tag first and click 'Buy for group'.  That will buy the land, automatically making it owned by the group

If you only want 1024 sqm of land right now and don't want to mess with a group right now, then you can just find a place you like and right click to 'buy'.

Side note - There is a lot of abandoned land out there right now.  LL is often willing to sell it to Premium members for L$ per sqm -- so L$1024 for 1024 sqm of land.  All you have to do is find a plot and send in a support ticket asking for it. If you find something larger than want you want, LL will often sub-divide it out to sell you -- just give them the exact coordinate of the piece you want.

Also, Lindal Kidd does a free Land class on Saturdays, at 12 noon SL time, at Caledon Oxbridge University.  It's free to attend!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Are all of these “pre-built” homes?

Horizon's has pre-built homes that you can rez from the mailbox but they are optional

Bay City has no  pre-built homes.

Nautilus City has no pre-built homes, but I do believe the original style homes are still available for free at one of the Mole built features. Here is the slurl to where those textures, buildings, and objects can be found all free of charge. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nautilus - Shalim/229/111/25

No pre-builts in the four regions to the east of Bay City either.

None of these lands hold Linden Homes. They are all regular mainland with the exception that they are double prim and no terraforming is allowed.

There are some, very few, double prim lands that have terraforming available but they are in the adult lands in Zindra along the west coast. They are extremely ... EXTREMELY expensive if you can find any available.

Edited by Blush Bravin
added location for Nautilus Objects
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

There are some, very few, double prim lands that have terraforming available but they are in the adult lands in Zindra along the west coast. They are extremely ... EXTREMELY expensive if you can find any availabl

I wish I held out for DP, I’m in Zindra.

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Also, aren't all of the Horizon locations the same size plot - 1024 or 2048 - and you can't combine those plots? 

Horizons are all 1024. You can buy adjoining lots and put them both in the same group and then use as one parcel but no you cannot join parcels.

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Double prim beats bonus, right?

Actually the group bonus would still apply, but since all plots are 1024, you'd have to own 10 of them before you'd have enough bonus to cover another one.  That assumes you want to use your group bonus on Horizons, which you don't have to. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.