Hi am new I need some help

Willowz1488303633

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, Willow.  Welcome to SL.

I can tell you what I do but it is in no way the only way or even the best way.  It is just what I do.

I rent an apartment from someone and just buy L$ without having a premium membership.  To me it is more economical that way.  I have been a premium member before and if my favorite group needed the tier I would be again but for now I prefer to rent and not bother with paid membership.

While you are starting out, I would suggest looking through the land rentals in Search and see if you can find a furnished house or skybox somewhere in your budget range.  This way you do not have t spend a lot on furniture and decor right away.  You can always upgrade at any time and before you go buying a large section of land it will help you choose just how much land you want to manage.

Buy some L$ , even though you can find many things for free, its always nice to have money in your pockets for a shopping urge lol

As for becoming Premium, I would get used to SL and how it works and then decide if you want to upgrade. There are just as many places to rent land as a Basic Member, so its not crucial to decide from day 1 if you want to be Premium or not.

20$ should give you enough L to buy a good skin, shape & hair to make you look like a juicy bombshell model whateva... I adopted 2 newbies (a girl and a guy) the other day and brought them for a shop at LAQ store. Told them they need 3000L each and I helped them with their choices... in the end they both looked so good I think they may have hooked up together since then...

I can only hope for the best cuz the guy is a hyperactive-omg-i-cant-stop-running french speaking Swiss and the Girl is wait-wait-slow-down-please Urdu speaking girl from India. God help them. :smileyindifferent:

Lesson 1.

Get your account sorted. This you will need to do off-world. Meaning you have to log on to your Second Life account from the Second Life website and get your account information/credit card/paypal filled in and verified. Get this one done and I'll IM you inworld as soon as I can.

Become a premium member, get the free Linden home until you figure out houses and land, and go shopping to decorate it.

You can redo your avatar for next to nothing and still look great. Just know how to shop, and when.

Read fab free and other freebie blogs for free or cheap things. It doesn't mean you will sacrifice quality. The same designers offer freebies that sell things for thousands of Linden. You just have to know when to look. Or join their group.

Some offer freebies through their group, which you have to join. Most groups are free to join. Others offer freebies through their 'sub o' which is a subscription list, also free. Just touch the subscription board in their store. Be ready to get a lot of note card and announcements to promote their products, but they will also send free things once in a while.

Al Vulo often has a free group skin and the skins are always nice. If you want to be a fashionista on a budget, then look in the blogs and join the groups for the freebies those designers give. Get the SL magazines that talk about the best brands, learn to inspect other people's prims to find out where they bought things you admire, and just keep trying to improve.

Go to The Dressing Room and The Dressing Room Blue every week because they have skins and hair way under the normal price. If you shop right you should be able to look great and still have some change in your pocket.

Have fun.

Hello!:-)

Yes I agree, you don´t need much money to look great cause there are really so many freebies around.

In my case I have the premium account but you do not really need it.

At the moment I have rent a house at the sea for 350 L a week and 200 prims, it is very nice and I pay the rent with the 300 L I get every week from the premium account plus 50 L extra from my side.But there are also cheaper houses there for example 250 L a week with the same prims.

Or you can rent an appartment...I know appartments for only 75 Lindens a week and 40 prims.There you get a free welcome gift with lots of one prim furniture in it so you can decorate the appartment.:-)

You can im me inworld If you want, I can give you landmarks to freebie places and a hairplace where you get a hair of your choice for free!

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.