Linden Realms

Kiwi Runo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

24 minutes ago, LilacHaze said:

If I could earn crystals for every time I fall into the toxic water...I'd be linden rich. Keep it up, perseverance pays off, you'll do it x  

LOL, but you forgot to tell them after they finished the jumping parcours they will have to do the same all over with a malicious twist...

If you struggle with task 3 -> quit - no way you will be able to do task 4 then...

Edited by Fionalein

54 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So you succeeded? Yay

No I spent half a day on task 3 a whole day trying on task 4 and then gave up wasting my time ... 

Question of interest: did anyone with a Linux viewer succed so far?

Edited by Fionalein
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

LOL, but you forgot to tell them after they finished the jumping parcours they will have to do the same all over with a malicious twist...

If you struggle with task 3 -> quit - no way you will be able to do task 4 then...

That is a very good point, but by task 4, I found my determination turned into bitter resentment.

My first attempt at task 3 was tricky enough, toxic water, a giant bouncing boulder, but also attempting the task at that time was a ‘Donald Trump’ looking avi in just swimming trunks.

Yes, I know I should have run for my life, but I’d just got back from the desert of task 2 and was in resentful mood.

After watching the giant bouncing boulder, sorry, Donald falling into the toxic water again and again cheered me up so much, I finally jumped like my life depended on it and off I went to try out task 4.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, menschling Aabye said:

have annyone a idea where can i find a green crystal to finish the quest 1 ?  

it's more of a mater of when then where, there's around 8 in each sim, most or easy to find but only appear every 1/2 hour to hour.  When you see all the other crystals disappear and then reappear the green and blue come out.

• Moles

Crystals reappear randomly on a rolling cycle. So X number of minutes after someone picks up a green crystal, that crystal will rerez again someplace within the region among the rest of the crystals. The fact is it random is why there is no point in camping certain spots in Linden Realms anymore. And no, I'm not going to tell you how many minutes. :) Find an area no one has been in for a while or is hard to get to and you have a better chance of finding the higher value crystals. 

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Fionalein said:

I did when I tried, greatly improves but still wasn't able to do it.

I haven't even tried mouse for jumping, haven't had any need to Ive only not made the jumping in the last quest the first time I tried it.

The swamp jumping is not harder but there's other things beside jumping to watch out for.  The mud splashes can take you out to, I watch fore them and wait until it clear.  There's quick sand or dangerous water on the islands to, I all ways jump to the first island then walk to about mid way to get back on the stones.  I all walk when jumping not run so you don't overreact when landing.

For jumping i don't use mouse but i may have my camera angle set different then the default so I can see my feet better, I adjust i all the time on the fly so not sure exactly were its set.

For the actual jump i get to the edge then just tap the page up button really quick, then hit the forward arrow but don't hold it down, unless I'm jumping longer.

To get good at jumping for paleoquest I rezzed some boxes to practice jumping on, much less frustrating them getting killed in game. 

1 hour ago, Lexia Moonstone said:

For the actual jump i get to the edge then just tap the page up button really quick, then hit the forward arrow but don't hold it down, unless I'm jumping longer.

That only works if you get a guaranteed jump upon tapping - else you will just walk into the lava... and that is why the game sucks for ~50% of SL's users

Edited by Fionalein

3 hours ago, Fionalein said:

That only works if you get a guaranteed jump upon tapping - else you will just walk into the lava... and that is why the game sucks for ~50% of SL's users

that's simple to avoid don't jump and move at the same time,  as I said before jump,THEN hit your forward arrow, if you don't first jump then don't move forward.

Lag tends to slow you don't but it can then be predictable. Ive won ball games in some really bad lag just had to get use to the slowed down timing.   If your controls don't respond as they should, sounds more like it could be connection issues, have you checked if you have any packet loss?  

what kind of avatar do you use for Linden Realms,  may be an AO is interfering with your jumping, your picture suggest you may have a non human avatar I've seen some animal avatars that will lag a whole sim, I've never used tiny avatars but that might effect how you jump.

Can't help much from just hearing its sucks, the new Linden Realms is just as busy if not more busy then the old one, it's not the game.

6 hours ago, Lexia Moonstone said:

I've never used tiny avatars but that might effect how you jump.

It does...

6 hours ago, Lexia Moonstone said:

that's simple to avoid don't jump and move at the same time,  as I said before jump,THEN hit your forward arrow, if you don't first jump then don't move forward.

In fact I found out this technique only makes me glide far enough when I wear an Hellhund avatar - which I consider a way of cheating. It does not work with a humanoid and AO turned off so my guess is you may be unknowingly wearing some kind of boosting device ;)

The other explanation woulld be that jump distance is affected by your shape - the hellhund is quite big. But if that is indeed the case the game design would even suck more.

IMPOTANT UPDATE NOTICE: I was playing around with my movement settings yesterday and came across a single checkbox that made me think "Wait am I bad at jumping because of this?" Went back to the Realms and finished the 4rd quest on 3rd try... so yes, either I was lucky or it was this darn checkbox...

In Firestorm, move&view there is a checkbox named "disable waiting for pre-jump and landing animations", as said I could have just been lucky (there also happend a physics glitch and I did a smooth long glide on my last jump :D ) but to me it looks like jumping became more reliable with that box checked.

Edited by Fionalein

28 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

IMPOTANT UPDATE NOTICE: I was playing around with my movement settings yesterday and came across a single checkbox that made me think "Wait am I bad at jumping because of this?" Went back to the Realms and finished the 4rd quest on 3rd try... so yes, either I was lucky or it was this darn checkbox...

In Firestorm, move&view there is a checkbox named "disable waiting for pre-jump and landing animations", as said I could have just been lucky (there also happend a physics glitch and I did a smooth long glide on my last jump :D ) but to me it looks like jumping became more reliable with that box checked.

So, before the change that helped, did you have “disable waiting for pre-jump animations” checked or unchecked? I can see programming a script to make sure you do a “pre-jump”..

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So, before the change that helped, did you have “disable waiting for pre-jump animations” checked or unchecked? I can see programming a script to make sure you do a “pre-jump”..

I had it unchecked so it wasn't disabled... 

• 3 weeks later...

Is it just me or did the amount of vigilantism in the Realms increase? I just got IMed by a wannabe vigilante who accused me of standing in areas blocked by storms (last time I looked storms blocked nothing - quite contrary they sucked you in) and told me to stop that or she would contact her "firnd american" (sic) to get me banned... last week some users had SPAM engines on which accoused everyone and their cat by shouting in local of applying speed boosters (didn't dare to test it, but I assume they had good detectors for those in the old realms, so the new ones would not allow this either). I know most ill guided users who do that crap just feel they need to protect the game form cheaters, but I begin to suspect some intimidation scheme.

PS: if you see someone obviously cheating in Realms, please use the abuse report function and include a screenshot proof - I am sure that is the way it was intended.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Is it just me or did the amount of vigilantism in the Realms increase? I just got IMed by a wannabe vigilante who accused me of standing in areas blocked by storms (last time I looked storms blocked nothing - quite contrary they sucked you in) and told me to stop that or she would contact her "firnd american" (sic) to get me banned... last week some users had SPAM engines on which accoused everyone and their cat by shouting in local of applying speed boosters (didn't dare to test it, but I assume they had good detectors for those in the old realms, so the new ones would not allow this either). I know most ill guided users who do that crap just feel they need to protect the game form cheaters, but I begin to suspect some intimidation scheme.

PS: if you see someone obviously cheating in Realms, please use the abuse report function and include a screenshot proof - I am sure that is the way it was intended.

There's a group called "Hunter in the Realm of Crystals" it's free for any one to join they hunt people they think are cheating, they post in the group any one they find cheating so other members n all so file AR reports.  They use  AWDetector  available on the MP

AWDetector

Remaining at the same spot for a long time is against the official rules, it's too bad LL did not give a time frame for that,  Waiting out a sand storm or taking a bathroom break should not be long enough to  be a violation.   

All though their intentions are good I don't agree with how they go about it all the time.  From what I've seen in the group there's little no effort to educate people on the rules first before reporting people.  Some cheating is obvious but other types of it is not.  They consider creating lag cheating and it could be if some ones trying to crash people with it, but how do you tell if some one intentionally is dong that or if its just some one with high render cost clothing getting called a cheater by some one with a slow computer.  

@Abnor Mole

Love to hear from any Lindens whats useful or helpful for reporting cheaters.  Last I checked Linden realms wasn't even a category in the AR system.  If LL has anti cheating built in for some types of cheating then is there even a need for group to harass people about it.  Teleporting is against the rules so how do you get out of  being stuck between rocks you fell between.  Would be nice to have some question and answers about the rules. 

Edited by Lexia Moonstone
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.