caspervend discounts

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was trying to set up a discount in some affiliate vendors (I checked that option on web) but it keeps telling me 'You won't receive any discount' when I touch my  vendor's discounts button

Is it cause I am the owner of that vendor?? How do I know if it works?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Parhelion Palou said:

I suggest you ask in the CasperTech User Support Group in-world. That's where the experts are.

Otherwise, get someone else to help you test it, or set up an alt to test it.

Thanks, they do not support affiliates and the same happened to me with 2 different affiliates, so I am supposed to contact all franchise owners...and no response for the moment

I tested with another avatar and the same..

3 minutes ago, Jules Catlyn said:

If you are the owner of the Caspervend main system you will always get support in the Caspertech support group.  If you received the vendor from a creator to sell their products, you will have to get in touch with them to make any changes system wise.

Does that mean affiliates need creators approval to make discounts? 

48 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

The creator set the price and your share from the affiliate vendor.  You can't discount without speaking to the creator and having them agree and set it up

The discount is from my winnings not theirs

an example:

Discounts
If you wish, you can sacrifice your affiliate commission in order to provide a discount to the customer - they will be refunded the difference. This will only happen if you legitimately earned the commission during the sale - self sales may not be counted, depending on the merchant's chosen options.

Refund % of my commission back to the customer as a discount 

5 minutes ago, sissygay said:

an example:

Discounts
If you wish, you can sacrifice your affiliate commission in order to provide a discount to the customer - they will be refunded the difference. This will only happen if you legitimately earned the commission during the sale - self sales may not be counted, depending on the merchant's chosen options.

Correct but the settings will still have to be changed by the original creator.

5 minutes ago, sissygay said:

an example:

Discounts

I will leave it to @Jules Catlyn as I know she is more expert with Caspervend but I believe she will tell you it still has to be set by the person you got the affiliate from via their web panel

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sissygay said:

Ok thanks for responding  seems like that 'If you wish..' premise is false?

"If you wish" is not the same as "You can make the change yourself". If you wish you can contact the creator and discuss with them the promotion you want to do. They can then decide whether to participate and make the necessary changes.

Edited by Jules Catlyn
I made a booboo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, sissygay said:

I was trying to set up a discount in some affiliate vendors (I checked that option on web) but it keeps telling me 'You won't receive any discount' when I touch my  vendor's discounts button

Is it cause I am the owner of that vendor?? How do I know if it works?

Thanks

Fixed! Sorry about that.

By the way, although we don't provide support directly to affiliates (so that our support team doesn't get overwhelmed!), you can always ask the merchant to contact us on your behalf.

Edited by Casper Warden
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jules Catlyn said:

"If you wish" is not the same as "You can make the change yourself". If you wish you can change the creator and discuss with them the promotion you want to do. They can then decide whether to participate and make the necessary changes.

I am sure you have more experience than me in this, and probably you are right but for me that conditional is badly expressed then. I understand that if I wish to do something, I can in fact do it. Besides, it would be my money at play not anybody's money :)

Sissygay is correct, by the way - Affiliates get their own special control panel, and they have some limited controls over what they can do with their "share".  They can also disable the vendor automatically if the merchant reduces their share below a certain threshold.

CasperVend has many thousands of features, and some are less well known :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Casper Warden said:

Fixed! Sorry about that.

By the way, although we don't provide support directly to affiliates (so that our support team doesn't get overwhelmed!), you can always ask the merchant to contact us on your behalf.

NP and Thank you very much for your prompt attention.

Edited by sissygay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.