Mesh Dress... not working correctly

Riannah Avora

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm another one that has been away for a few years... now I'm back and lost!  LOL!  I got the mesh head (Catwa Bento) and a mesh body (Maitreya Lara).  I got a mesh outfit (this one:  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Nina-Nerys-Rock-Star-outfit-Black-Maitreya-Belleza-Slink/13307542).  I'm using the Maitreya one... my expression in the image is real!  LOL... I'm embarrassed because I am (or was) a creator and for the life of me I can't figure this out.  I'm sure there is just one little thing I'm missing.  Thanks for the help!

Untitled-2.jpg

Well the sort of good news is that the outfit appears to be fine. 

I got the DEMO. Rule #1 is ALWAY GET THE DEMO.

It works for me.   I looks like the dress isn't rezzing for you (hence the arms outstretched).   Might be your connection or internet speed?  It does seem very odd.  Maybe try again in a calmer sim? 

image.thumb.png.0f301d1356a814550cf950bc8ea33475.png

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

It works for me.   I looks like the dress isn't rezzing for you (hence the arms outstretched).   Might be your connection or internet speed?  It does seem very odd.  Maybe try again in a calmer sim? 

It's rezzed.  It's just that the arms stand straight out... not forming at all.

Edit:  I did try on another sim.  Same thing.

Edited by Riannah Avora
Tried on another sim

1 minute ago, Riannah Avora said:

It's rezzed.  It's just that the arms stand straight out... not forming at all.

Well I see that. When rigged garments don't rez "well enough" they do that stand out thing. It also seem way to little. Why don't you go get the demo that I tried and see if it works for you. If not, then write the creator as something is very wrong. 

• Like 1

Oh wow!  So, I was searching for the answer, came across a blurb for my viewer, Firestorm.  Tried everything they suggested, nothing worked.  For grins and giggles I downloaded SL's default viewer and it worked then.  So I switched back to Firestorm and it works fine now.  I do thank you for all of your help!

• Like 1

A little off topic, but regarding the viewer fix you discovered... I've had items go missing while using Firestorm, tried clearing cache and restarting a couple times and it would still be missing. On a chance once, I tried logging in with the SL default viewer, my item was there. Then logged back in with Firestorm and the item was recovered there too.

• Like 1

Are you wearing the right dress for the avi you are using, If you have a Maitreya avi, is the dress rigged for Maitrya? I sometimes click on the wrong one when something comes in different versions and get some odd results.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, alysin Mirror said:

Thanks for the info I am stuck wearing a stupid ugly top and cannot manage to take it off - any suggestions????  It is an old bikini top, and I tried everything to take it off but NOTHING is working!!!!  My guy will get upset by this!  HELP PLEASE!!!

Have you tried relogging or moving to a different sim, I have had this issue in the past and had to do this, also sometimes the stuck article of clothing only shows up on your viewer on your computer. I have had times when I saw something I had tried to take off but others did not, something to be aware of if you have something stuck and move to a family friendly sim.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, alysin Mirror said:

Thanks for the info I am stuck wearing a stupid ugly top and cannot manage to take it off - any suggestions????  It is an old bikini top, and I tried everything to take it off but NOTHING is working!!!!  My guy will get upset by this!  HELP PLEASE!!!

Is that an applier top, that looks "painted" onto the body? Open your Maitreya HUD, go to the Layers tab, and click "clear all layers".

(Oh look! I'm up to 501 posts now B| Doesn't that give me magic powers?)

Edited by angeoco
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Are you wearing the right dress for the avi you are using, If you have a Maitreya avi, is the dress rigged for Maitrya? I sometimes click on the wrong one when something comes in different versions and get some odd results.

Yes, I did make sure I was using the right one.  It is fixed now... was my viewer.  But thanks for your suggestion.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.