Restarting sim

CandyStonewater

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

If you did not process the sale through Linden Lab, then the seller is still the registered owner of the region.  Open your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> Land Manager >>> My Regions to see what regions/estates are listed .  If you are the owner of that region, it will show in the list.  In that case, you will be able to use the Region/Estate tools in the World menu as I described.

3 hours ago, CandyStonewater said:

i bought my land from a private owner and it doesnt give me the option to restart my sim.  How do i get it reset?

The land you have bought in the region starting with the letter S..... is mainland. You have no way of directly restarting it.

You are able to send a support ticket to the Lab if it needs it. I don't think it does. It's pretty heavily script loaded and a reboot won't fix that.

Edited by Callum Meriman
Redacted the region name
  • Thanks 1

Kudos to Callum for actually going and checking!  Yes...all of our previous comments only apply if the region is a private one.

If you BOUGHT the land, then YOU own it.  This is true if 1) you used the Buy Land button in the context menu or the About Land window to purchase it, and 2) your name shows up as the owner in the About Land window.  If that is the case, then you can file a support case as Callum suggests, or you can use Live Chat to request immediate help.

It's also possible to RENT Mainland from another resident.  If you paid them directly, or paid a rental box, then they still own the land and you will have to go through them for assistance.

Callum...did you happen to notice why there is a heavy script load when you visited?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.