Yoshimaster96

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For some reason my avatar is stretching wildly when I import it via Build>Upload>Model and then wear it by attaching it to Avatar Center:
Capture4.PNG.0eca6f8965f9313b8d409ae94a2710f2.PNG
This is what it's supposed to look like:
Capture3.PNG.361c84dda415a187a17cddbb28203f27.PNG
It seems as though it's trying to conform my mesh's proportions to that of the male base, which I don't want. How can I fix this?

Also, I can't seem to drag+drop a texture image onto the mesh. Importing it via the same method as the mesh by checking the corresponding box doesn't seem to work either. How can I fix this as well?

4 answers to this question

Er...if you have rigged the mesh to the avatar skeleton, of course it will stretch, controlled by the Appearance shape sliders.  I'm not at all sure you can shrink the basic avatar shape as small as you need.  Check with the people who make "petite" avatars...tiny fairies and such...and see what techniques they use.

15 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Er...if you have rigged the mesh to the avatar skeleton, of course it will stretch, controlled by the Appearance shape sliders.  I'm not at all sure you can shrink the basic avatar shape as small as you need.  Check with the people who make "petite" avatars...tiny fairies and such...and see what techniques they use.

Why can't I just set it to use the bone sizes that are in the .dae file? Or can I?

Also, I'm having trouble with the feet, they're all "tiptoed" for some reason:
Capture5.PNG.03fbfa08eeb87827f2aa83f38add712d.PNGCapture6.PNG.62ad1c75017de4798109ca543c8ba76a.PNG

Put SIMPLY you need to make a new SHAPE for your avatar so that it will look somewhat like you want it to. Make it short and make the torso and legs short also. 

So far as texture goes you need to make a UV map by UNWRAPPING THE MESH before you can add a texture. That is a whole ART in itself -- to get things to look right. 

Here is a video with some mapping info: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9z_zsC_uuw

PS: I doubt you will be able to get the head as large as your model without some further "tricks" which most likely exist but I don't know them :D.   And it looks like you rigged the feet for "heels" so that needs to be redone. 

Good luck. 

Edited by Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.