Grandfathered Full Region

Hunter Fischer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2055 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Grandfathered Full Region

$1150. - ($550. + $600. transfer fee)

Rename and moving is included with the transfer, the Sim will have to move from its current location.

$195. Tier paid thru September 12th Sim - Youth Nation

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/425955-grandfathered-homestead-for-sale/

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000134544-region-transfer-guidelines

Contact Hunter Fischer with your ticket number

Current Full Regions are way less then whats posted here. Good luck.

As of August 29th, 2018:

Set Up Fee: USD 349.00*
Monthly Maintenance:
USD 249.00*
Maximum Prims: 20,000

Sorry but i doubt anyone is gonna pay over a Grand for a sim, when its cheaper to just buy one right now for way less.

2 hours ago, chaosninja7 said:

Current Full Regions are way less then whats posted here. Good luck.

As of August 29th, 2018:

Set Up Fee: USD 349.00*
Monthly Maintenance:
USD 249.00*
Maximum Prims: 20,000

Sorry but i doubt anyone is gonna pay over a Grand for a sim, when its cheaper to just buy one right now for way less.

People who think in the long-term might consider it a good option, bearing in mind that the bulk of that price is investment in future savings.  Apart from that it's worth being aware that grandfathered regions are a diminishing commodity.  If one is abandoned, or the buyer doesn't want to pay the higher transfer fee, the grandfathering advantage is lost for ever.

2 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

People who think in the long-term might consider it a good option, bearing in mind that the bulk of that price is investment in future savings.  Apart from that it's worth being aware that grandfathered regions are a diminishing commodity.  If one is abandoned, or the buyer doesn't want to pay the higher transfer fee, the grandfathering advantage is lost for ever.

What advantages do Grandfathered Region provide? To my knowledge they don't considering the cheaper prices nowadays. I'm curious, not being a meanie.

On 8/29/2018 at 5:57 PM, chaosninja7 said:

Again... what advantage? Other then absorbing? any in-world advantages, etc.

I'm not entirely sure if there is a huge advantage, it mainly depends on the buyer.  For Grandfathered sims, the transfer fees from LL are $600 USD.  You pay a monthly tier of $195 USD instead of $249 USD which is the cost if you purchased the sim through LL.  So there's a $54 USD monthly difference which can then be absorbed with the transfer fee over the course of 6 months and you continue to save money with the lower transfer fee.  Now, if you purchase through LL, then it's $349 USD that includes a transfer fee (it's $100 USD if the sim is NOT grandfathered) and your first month's tier of $249 USD.  So in all, it depends on if you'd rather pay a cheaper transfer fee but a slightly higher tier rate, or shell out the transfer fee, have a grandfathered sim (one that MAY have 30K prims instead of 20K as thru LL you can only purchase 20K prims) and for as long as you own the sim, have a lower tier rate.

11 hours ago, Kylla Dezno said:

one that MAY have 30K prims instead of 20K as thru LL you can only purchase 20K prims

This isn't a GF exclusive benefit. Non-GF full regions which default to 20K LI can be upgraded to 30K LI too. Just needs you to pay the one time US$30 conversion fee and agree to pay US$30 a month extra over your normal tier.

• Like 1

Wow this was a very interesting conversation that I some reason really enjoyed. Both sides seemed to have great advantages, but all in all I am glad that Hunter Fischer was able to sell his land and honestly if I had that kinda money I would have bought it too. Its just something about that grandfathered land that seems appealing and the lower tier is the biggest plus.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2055 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.