Group Ownership Tier Calculation

clairehunt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2085 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi! I m confused by the new "bonus" tier allowance on the mainland, as it applies to groups. Say a family group wants to buy a small family plot. The family is three folks (all premium members) and the target purchase land size is 4096 sqm, and is located on the mainland. (The "buy for group" button doesn't appear anymore, btw).  So, one of the group buys the land and deeds it to the group. Each of the group members puts all their premium member tier towards the land. My question is, how much tier does each member allocate to the group land tier (do they have 512 they can contribute, or 1024?). Of course, someone will have to purchase the additional tier, the question is, how much will that be?

Another way of asking: Now that LL has increased the premium membership starting tier to 1024, call all of that 1024 be used as a contribution to group owned land?

Thanks, Erin (clairehunt resident), who is homeless in the wake of the Eden restructuring.

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, clairehunt said:

Now that LL has increased the premium membership starting tier to 1024, call all of that 1024 be used as a contribution to group owned land?

Yes, all three members can contribute 1024 each, which comes to 3072, and it all gets the 10% group bonus, so that's another 307 for a grand total of 3379. Unfortunately that's 717 short of 4096, so somebody is going to have to pay for an additional 1024 tier.

(Also, I'm confused about "The 'buy for group' button doesn't appear anymore, btw." AFAIK that should work if the buyer has a group active with more than the necessary tier already contributed.)

Qie is correct.  The 10% bonus gets added automatically when you donate tier to a group.  For example, if I donate 1024 sq. m. to a group, the group actually receives 1024 x 1.10 = 1126 sq. m.

The "Buy for Group" button definitely still works.  Be sure that:

1.  You are using the About Land window, NOT right clicking the ground and choosing the Buy This Land option, and

2.  You have the correct group active (you are wearing the tag for that group, and it shows in boldface in your Groups window)

You can either donate your tier to the group before making the purchase, or click the "owner makes contribution with deed" check box.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2085 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.