Changing the group land is deeded to

Venetia Cazalet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2085 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone

I need some help please. I am the owner of a Private Estate, not mainland.

I have a tenant that has a large parcel of land and also a small parcel for extra prims both are deeded to the same group so the prim count adds together and can be used on their large parcel of land. These 2 parcels of land are not near each other. They have now told me that they want to change the group the 2 parcels are deeded to.

My question is what is the best way to do this? If they change the group of either parcel the link between the two will be broken and stuff will get sent back to them or disappear completely as they will be over their prim limit. Would increasing the Region object bonus factor whilst they made the change be an option and would it work in this scenario? The only other method of doing this that I can think of is for them to take enough objects off the big parcel so that they are within the prim limit of that parcel. I have to bear in mind that I communicate with this tenant via a translator which is never easy.

I have helped tenants with this many times but only when one parcel is involved.

Thank you and hope someone can help.

Venetia Cazalet

59 minutes ago, Venetia Cazalet said:

Hi everyone

I need some help please. I am the owner of a Private Estate, not mainland.

I have a tenant that has a large parcel of land and also a small parcel for extra prims both are deeded to the same group so the prim count adds together and can be used on their large parcel of land. These 2 parcels of land are not near each other. They have now told me that they want to change the group the 2 parcels are deeded to.

My question is what is the best way to do this? If they change the group of either parcel the link between the two will be broken and stuff will get sent back to them or disappear completely as they will be over their prim limit. Would increasing the Region object bonus factor whilst they made the change be an option and would it work in this scenario? The only other method of doing this that I can think of is for them to take enough objects off the big parcel so that they are within the prim limit of that parcel. I have to bear in mind that I communicate with this tenant via a translator which is never easy.

I have helped tenants with this many times but only when one parcel is involved.

Thank you and hope someone can help.

Venetia Cazalet

pull back the landdonation out of the group, sell the parcel to yourself (if right you have the tier level to your own account now by doing step one) , after that deed to the new group+ make contribution to group

you never have a guarantee the objects will stay on the parcel!!.. these are tricky operations

You always have to be in limit of your parcel, and be sure the owner really owns the objects.

in that order or you'll end up with double tierpayment for a month.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

The tenant should be able to Join the two distant parcels by dragging a rectangle that includes a swatch of each parcel -- unless they're members with certain Abilities* of Groups owning land in between.

I guess if they do have such Ability in any intervening Groups, they could either get out of whatever Role gives them that Ability or make an alt that's a member of just the one group that owns the to-be-joined parcels.

(The idea of temporarily boosting the region's object bonus factor seems as if it should work, too. It requires some arithmetic to make sure the big parcel has sufficient spare prims.)

2 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

The tenant should be able to Join the two distant parcels by dragging a rectangle that includes a swatch of each parcel

doesn't that only work when they are having at least one side shared?

1 hour ago, Venetia Cazalet said:

These 2 parcels of land are not near each other.

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

doesn't that only work when they are having at least one side shared?

Nope. At least it worked the last time I did it, when I crossed a whole Linden railroad right-of-way to join two non-adjacent parcels.

At one time I also did the trick of recruiting an otherwise unemployed alt into the group solely to join two parcels separated by land deeded to other groups in which my main was in the "Owner" Role. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Nope. At least it worked the last time I did it, when I crossed a whole Linden railroad right-of-way to join two non-adjacent parcels.

It worked just now when I tried it on behalf of someone asking in another thread.  

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2085 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.