New premium member, buying 1024m2 says land use fee $22 month

Harleywood Guru

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just paid for a premium membership and I thought I got 1024m2 of land to use without a monthly fee (outside of the $72 yearly already paid). I found a 1024m2 piece for sale, and went to purchase it, but the popup says I will have a $22 USD monthly land use fee???? is the 1024 land with premium membership no longer included?

The land is at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Carmine/251/70/240

Do I get 1024m2 without additional monthly fees or not?

Edited by Harleywood Guru
misspelling

11 answers to this question

That is the land fee for owning up to 4096 sq. m. of Mainland.  Actually, 4096+your free 1024, or 5120 sq. m.  Something is Not Right!

First, check the parcel you intend to purchase.  Is it really only 1024 sq m?  Right click the ground, choose About Land, and look in the General tab of that window, near the bottom.

If that checks out, next go to your Dashboard page on this website.  Check Land Manager (on the left side of your Dashboard page, just below the Account section).  Check Group Land to see if you have donated land tier to any groups.  Then check My Mainland to see if you currently own any other Mainland parcels, including one of the free Linden Homes.

Your land fee is based on the TOTAL amount of Mainland you hold, plus any tier you have donated to groups.

Square meters owned: 0
Square meters donated: 0
Premium Bonus in Square Meters: 1024
Paid Tier Level: 4096
Available Square Meters: 5120
Monthly Cost:* USD 22.00
USD 22.00

I think it is saying I own nothing, group or otherwise. I am certain I own nothing.

so why if I buy a single 1024m2 piece and that is all it is verified,

screen shot below... says land use tier stays at $22 except I am not paying any monthly land use tier... I am confused...

SL Land Use Fee Question.png

I was JUST there and you were there. So it says "keep your monthly fee at $22" not cost anew. So you have OTHER land?  My friend clicked to buy and she got a message for "increase to $7" which would be correct. It isn't the LAND. There is something you didn't tell us?  Did you have premium before? And did you donate your tier to a group?   Check your land info in your webpage backend account.   

And yes, you DO get a free 1024. If you don't own any land and you haven't donated tier to a group in the past, then you will need to contact support. Not sure what is going on. 

Thank you for taking the time to answer chic. In my previous post with the screen shot, I also included a cut n paste from the dashboard, showing I have no land, nor have I donated any land. I will open a ticket to support. Thank you again to you and Lindal for taking the time to answer.

I think that all is well.  Here's the thing...

You can set your tier level wherever you want to, at https://secondlife.com/my/account/landfees.php?lang=en-US  (see the screenshot below)

Capture.thumb.PNG.3692442e8a58a9b0639bf74bb82904e7.PNG

Just because your tier level is SET here, does not mean you will actually PAY this amount.  Instead, this is an indication of HOW MUCH land you may hold (without increasing your tier level).  How much you actually pay depends on the amount of mainland you actually own (plus any tier you donate to groups).  What the table you pasted in your post shows is that you currently don't own ANY Mainland or donate any tier to any groups.  It goes on to show that you may own up to 5120 sq. m., and if you do, you will pay $22 per month.

If you would like to have this data make a bit more sense, go to the link I posted above, and check the BOTTOM tier box, "USD 0.00/month."  Then click the Save Changes button.  It should then show that you currently own no land, but can own up to 1024 sq m, at a cost of $0 USD per month.

Edited by Lindal Kidd

Hey, that's really cool!  It reminds me of the guy who made an underground lair dug into a cliff in some snowland.  Be advised that you can't quite dig vertical walls with the terraforming tools, only very steep slopes...you'll have to have some thick rock walls on the sides of your super cool supervillain Fortress of Doom.

1 hour ago, Harleywood Guru said:
Square meters owned: 0  
Paid Tier Level: 4096
Available Square Meters: 5120
Monthly Cost:* USD 22.00
USD 22.00

This screen is totally misleading, thus I hate it.  It is based on where your radio button is set, down below there.  At some point you must have accidentally click the 4096 circle.   Drop the button down as far as it will let you and that is where you **really** are at -- it won't let you set it lower than whatever you truly own or have donated.

It took leaving it over night after purchasing the land to get it to (re)set to the correct values. all is well now. Thank you for the help.

Square meters owned: 1024
Paid Tier Level:
Available Square Meters: 1024
Monthly Cost:* USD 0.00
USD 0.00

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.