lizbeth2u

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello all , am back after been gone for months, have a master that requires i make folders for him to use to change my clothes. i have the RLV enabled, wear his collar ( he is owner)

but even though i have researched this subject i still have no luck on setting this up.  i have been deleting thousands of old non mesh things in my inventory, down to just under 10,000 from

over 25.00 in hopes i can create folders i can find, and allow my master to control my outfits. As he demands

i am not a slave, but a caring submissive lady with class, Just want to do what is right here

appreciate your help , Thank you

Snapshot_014.png

4 answers to this question

If the collar is OpenCollar, there is a manual that explains setting up outfits. If you have done those things and it isn't working... you need to give us more information on your collar and setup.

Others like Marine Kelley have made tutorials on setting up outfits. I even wrote one... RLV, Mesh, and Folders. I still have problems getting these to work well. I find someone usually needs to help you test your outfits. The STRIP down to nude you need to get right first. Then most everything else falls into place... :$ uummm... let's say then you can figure out how to make the rest work...

The thing is most RLV scripts are old and made with the classic avatar in mind. With a classic avatar there are things you can't take off. Like the body (meaning head, hands, feet...), skin, eyes... These classic body parts are not attachments. The scripts use this information to save effort. That means those scripts that do depend on the classic avatar anatomy will destroy a mesh body avatar. You have to take special steps to anticipate the old and/or poorly written scripts.

With the addition of mesh body, hands, head, and feet it got more complicated. Now the entire avatar may be attachments. There is no way for the scripts to know what can be removed to leave a nude person. So, one has to set up folders and mark things no-strip. 

Maintaining these folders as mesh attachments update gets tedious. My Slink Physique has updated 3 times. With over 300 outfits and several RLV outfits it can be a chore. However, there is an easy way and of course, several difficult ways. The easy way is use links for outfits and RLV folders rather than copies of items. 

The release of Bento gave us some help. Rigged, fitted, and Bento mesh items can be attached to any bone. So, if you don't wear a tail or wings you can use those attachment points to out smart some of the old scripts as they don't know about Bento bones. But, then there is a problem when the script needs to completely replace the avatar body.

The coming Bakes On Mesh (BoM) feature may help with RLV and old scripts... probably not much.

Until the old scripts go away and people write new ones that are aware of mesh bodies and Bento... it will be a tedious problem. So, the collar-folders do work but not perfectly. Hang in there until you figure it out. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.