Does anyone recognise this script error/warning message?

Innula Zenovka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Scale too small. All dimensions must be at least 1.0.

I can't think of what the script is doing that could throw that error and I can't offhand think of anything that needs a minimum size of 1.0.

I suspect it's something to do with pathfinding but I don't see what it could be (all I'm setting in llCreateCharacter are CHARACTER_DESIRED_SPEED, CHARACTER_MAX_SPEED, CHARACTER_DESIRED_TURN_SPEED, and CHARACTER_STAY_WITHIN_PARCEL).

The object is a cube, 2.0 x 2.0 x 2.0. I've tried setting the CHARACTER_RADIUS AND CHARACTER_LENGTH explicitly but that makes no difference.

1 hour ago, arton Rotaru said:

The only thing in pathfinding that needs a value of at least 1.0 is CHARACTER_MAX_SPEED. And CHARACTER_DESIRED_SPEED has to be less than max speed.

Thanks.  I don't think that can be it.   My desired and max speeds are both OK -- that bit of the script I'd already tested in something else, and worked as expected there.   And the reference to "scale" and "dimensions" don't really fit well with speeds.

32 minutes ago, ellestones said:

maybe llPursue(...)  ? if you are using that

I do use it, as it happens, but the script throws that out well before the object ever gets to pursue anyone.

It doesn't seem to affect the object's behaviour, but I'm worried by warnings I don't understand.

I can't check easily from where I am, but I recall getting a message like that once when I had a pathfinding object that was taller than it was wide. I think there is a minimum aspect ratio that kicks in if your object is small. Mine was an insect.

Thanks, everyone.   It turned out to be a problem with the wander area vector in llWanderWithin (as the Bug jira to which Lucia pointed me reveals, though I had been pointed in the direction of llWanderWithin by a suggestion over the road at SLU, too). 

Once I knew where to look, it didn't take long to realise that a typo was causing the script to mis-cast a string it was receiving that should have given it the vector to use as the wander area, but it would have taken me ages to track that down if I hadn't known where to find the error.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.