typing

goodtimes75

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

There's a setting in your Viewer to stop that. If Firestorm, it in the Avatar (top left) and down to Preferences. I believe it's then to CHAT tab (am unsure.. but in there somewhere). It's just a checkmark thing. (then hit SAVE, rather than X to close pref window).

In SL view.. am REALLY unsure.. but should be under ME (top left), then Preferences as well.

From the answers I hope you realize that when asking a tech sort of question we need to know which viewer you are using. There are about a dozen different brands of viewer. So, tell us which you use and we'll likely give you accurate instructions.

In the Linden viewer the option is in Preferences->Chat->enable/disable: Play typing animation when chatting.

In Firestorm it is in Preferences->Chat->Typing->enable/disable: Play typing animation when chatting.

In Firestorm you can type typing in the search window at the top of the Prefs panel.

The typing animations looks a bit dumb... 'bit' may be way understating it. However, in roleplay (RP) and other places where multiple people are typing into chat the typing animations signal you are in the process of responding. For RP this is key to smoothing out roleplay responses. 

Fortunately there are better animations for 'typing' that look more like one is speaking.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Fortunately there are better animations for 'typing' that look more like one is speaking.

On my mesh head, the mouth will move, as speaking, while typing on local. Further, there is three different styles to choose from.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.