Linden $ Purchase Not completed

FionaDrescher

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 days ago I purchased Lindens through the Exchange. It said it would take 3 days to complete. I have patiently waited 3 days and I have received no lindens. It's now an hour past the completion time and I am frustrated. Can anyone help?

Fiona

Edited by FionaDrescher

4 answers to this question

Go to your LindeX Order History page https://secondlife.com/my/lindex/history.php, and cancel the transaction.  Then go back to the Buy screen and either use the left side for an Instant buy or modify the price on the right side by dropping the exchange rate by a couple of L$ so that the order is filled more quickly.  Any estimate of time over a few hours could really be more like many days.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FionaDrescher said:

3 days ago I purchased Lindens through the Exchange. It said it would take 3 days to complete. I have patiently waited 3 days and I have received no lindens. It's now an hour past the completion time and I am frustrated. Can anyone help?

Fiona

No, in fact you didn't BUY Linden $ at all...

What you did is OFFER to buy L$ at a specific exchange rate for US$...

LL hold your US$ in escrow until somebody SELLING L$ decides to accept your offered exchange rate at which point LL give them your US$ and give you the sellers L$.

Depending on how... Unrealistic... That offered rate was, you could wait a few minutes, or a few days, or a few weeks, or until hell freezes over...

If you want your L$ NOW... Cancel your offer, and make a "Market Buy" rather than a "Limit Buy".

• Like 2

Ahh I think you purchased with Limit buy? That is an estimate... you actually buy from people who are selling their Lindens to you, so it need some time for people to actually sell L$ at that rate you'd like to have... could take less or more time...

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.