HTTP PHP to SL Question

Claydoo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

"how to write it within PHP that it sends it in world to that address you get" sounds like you're asking about protocols, how to get the PHP script on the server to communicate with the LL servers, is this correct?

I haven't done much with PHP in a while, though I have a lot of experience with running servers and running scripts on them. I've never done anything involving HTTP-to-SL, but it sounds like your question is more about PHP than LSL.

I googled "php scripting second life server protocol", and here are two results, they might be helpful, Iunno.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_HTTP_server/examples

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Nik_Organiser/LSL/Articles/HTTP_Requests_From_PHP_On_Default_Ports

Hope it helps you in some way, even if indirectly.

On 5/21/2018 at 12:32 PM, Claydoo said:

I did attempt to use CURL from examples I saw, however it never seemed to work which leads me to believe 1 I am doing it wrong or 2 my Host Provider maybe doesn't allow it.

I was doing a project awhile back and I found out my host did not allow any outbound communication ports other than the standard I believe the ports were 12046 for HTTP and 12043 for HTTPS. You'd have to ask your host if they'll open them for you.

• Like 1

All I can say is im frustrated to no end that Sl has to use some special ports other then default making it just difficult for everyone, now maybe this may be different in other countries and Web Hosting but no Web Hosting company around me will open random ports unless you own a dedicated Server.

8 hours ago, Claydoo said:

All I can say is im frustrated to no end that Sl has to use some special ports other then default making it just difficult for everyone, now maybe this may be different in other countries and Web Hosting but no Web Hosting company around me will open random ports unless you own a dedicated Server.

It's a matter of security, not just for your annoyance. 

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.