Animations folder gone empty

bebejee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

First check in another viewer (Firestorm if you use Linden - Linden if you use Firestorm etc.) to see if the files appear there. If they do, there is a file that can get corrupted and cause this issue. I had it with an alt awhile ago.  If this is your problem, there is more info on the Firestorm wiki about which file you need to copy over from the working viewer to the one that has issues. 

Good luck. Sounds like it is very possible your files are there. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Thanks 1

It probably just a borked inventory cache on Firestorm.

While logged in on FS, go to Preferences -> Network & Files -> Directories -> Click the "Clear Cache" button.
Then relog to a low lag region & wait for your inventory to fetch.

Does that fix it?

Whirly gave you the easy fix. 'Clear Cache' clears the set of caches the viewer uses. Your system will then have to download the 4 to 10GB of cached stuff.

Firestorm tells you how to clear just the Inventory List cache. See: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_missing_inventory It also has a step for taking the list file from the Linden viewer and using it with FS. It save a bit of time at login.

They also point you to the Clear Inventory Cache button on the same Preferences page/tab. It is grayed out, if you look for it before you login.

On a fast, good connection, it doesn't make a lot of difference which way you go. On a weak, slow connection the difference can be significant.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
Add Inventory Cache button

sometimes i have the same prob, with other things, if u have a slow connection sometimes it takes a while for things to appear, specially after you clean your cache out i get the message still downloading your clothes, or there might be server maintenance going on , what slows down the server, i have even lost connection due to that fact they will come back im sure of it

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.