Asking about land from LL buying and renting

Jonathan Grashnar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

ok so about buying land i know it costs 1000$ setup fee and 295$ a month.. What if I want muliple sims do I have to pay 1000$ setup fee on each land also  about homesteads how do people make a profit when they buy the land for 125$ aq month and rent it out for 128$ a month.. I dont understand seems pointless for only 3$ profit per month.. If theres anything else i should know please tell me.. anything about land and renting it out.. I have money but i want to research it out first before i do anything.

3 answers to this question

If you are planning on buying multiple sims you will soon realise that it is way cheaper to buy them from residents that are selling and not new from LL. Finding the people that are selling them is the hardest part but not too bad once you know where to look.

You can find some in land sales once you sift through the ones that aren`t actually talking about a full transfer estate sale, there are some on the land forums and one of the best places in my experience is inworld groups that get buyers and sellers in touch with each other.

Always check when the tier fee is due as that can be crucial when deciding how much you are willing to pay. There are always bargains around because some people will almost give away a sim rather than abandon it if they can no long afford the tier fees.

Jonathan Grashnar wrote:

ok so about buying land i know it costs 1000$ setup fee and 295$ a month.. What if I want muliple sims do I have to pay 1000$ setup fee on each land also  about homesteads how do people make a profit when they buy the land for 125$ aq month and rent it out for 128$ a month.. I dont understand seems pointless for only 3$ profit per month.. If theres anything else i should know please tell me.. anything about land and renting it out.. I have money but i want to research it out first before i do anything.

Hi Jonathan -

There is a lot to know about the Second Life land game before you spend your money.  At bare minimum I recommend you read the 2 articles on my website and also the Second Life land wiki

To answer the questions you have asked so far:

YES. The setup fee from Linden Labs is $1000 USD PER SIM. That does include the first month of tier.

NO. People are not profiting when they rent out a Homestead for $128 per month if they are paying $125 per month.  They are most likely paying $95 per month (a "grandfathered" rate).

YES. There is a lot more you should know.

I will be happy to offer you guidance if you feel it will help you.  I've been in the Second Life land business since 2007 and currently own over 70 sims.

Feel free to IM me (Lizard Howl) or skype me (gatorzilla3000).

Have fun, and good luck!

Lizard Howl

Segarra Estates Owner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.