Janelle Karsin

MP items keep getting flagged and unlisted

Recommended Posts

This has been happening to me  by being flagged for being in the wrong category which I have checked over and over again when relisting.

What keeps people from flagging you just for spite? It's annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Janelle Karsin said:

This has been happening to me  by being flagged for being in the wrong category which I have checked over and over again when relisting.

What keeps people from flagging you just for spite? It's annoying.

Hello Janelle Karsin,

If your products are being flagged and unlisted and you have reviewed your items and the Marketplace Listing Guidelines section regarding Category Selection and you are still unable to understand why your items are being unlisted, please submit a Support Case using the options for Marketplace - Marketplace Listing Issues and provide 1 or 2 examples.

Customer Support will be able to assist you further with understanding why your items are being unlisted. 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Janelle Karsin said:

This has been happening to me  by being flagged for being in the wrong category which I have checked over and over again when relisting.

What keeps people from flagging you just for spite? It's annoying.

You need to use the sub-categories... Just throwing tails, ears and make-up in the accessories section isn't enough. Put them where they belong. You have a corset in just apparel.. Put it in women's/ intimates. 

You might want to pare down your keywords as well.. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Addams-Elizabeth-Corset-Baby-Blue-M/10181648

Keywords: Addams, RARE, gacha, Corset, Goth, Panty, lingerie, Maitreya, mesh, black, halloween, Underwear, undies, panties, lace, baby blue, pink, Sale, Promo, clearance

Keyword spam is the use of words (such as brand names, item names, or other terms) that have nothing to do with the item listed so that the listing will appear in search results. Keyword spam is not allowed because it clutters the SL Marketplace and makes buying and selling more difficult.

In the case above, Panty, rare, goth, black(its blue), Halloween(its blue not black),  underwear, undies, panties, lace, pink(again its blue) sale, promo, and clearance are spam words. 

And that is just one example.. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merchants shouldn't be forced into sub-categories if they have the overall category right. That should not be a violation. The categories are a nuisance, are missing many logical categories, and they are just a brake and a drag on sales.

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Merchants shouldn't be forced into sub-categories if they have the overall category right. That should not be a violation. The categories are a nuisance, are missing many logical categories, and they are just a brake and a drag on sales.

Well hell, lets just stop putting info on each aisle in the grocery stores and shopping centers as well. I mean, breaking down whats in each aisle is a nuisance for the shelf stockers. Just put stuff where you want. Right? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Argumentation by wild exaggeration never works.

The Lindens' categories hobble sales and cripple the uploading process. They are arcane, strange ("window treatments?" huh?), and don't reflect high sales areas. They have "furry" and "BDSM" but not "fairy" or "elf" or "wiccan" or "fantasy". That's discrimination, and just preventing more sales which is in their interests.

Sub-categories are particularly weird, with no cushions, ottomans, pillows (that often have seat animations," not even a generic "seating" or "bench" but merely chairs. So it's not really "about" sub-categories. It's about not really shopping, and not even watching their own page that shows what people actually buy. I look at the last 10 or so things I bought, and I see the merchants themselves struggling, putting things like crystals into an overbroad "home and garden".

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2018 at 3:05 AM, Drake1 Nightfire said:

You need to use the sub-categories... Just throwing tails, ears and make-up in the accessories section isn't enough. Put them where they belong. You have a corset in just apparel.. Put it in women's/ intimates. 

You might want to pare down your keywords as well.. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Addams-Elizabeth-Corset-Baby-Blue-M/10181648

Keywords: Addams, RARE, gacha, Corset, Goth, Panty, lingerie, Maitreya, mesh, black, halloween, Underwear, undies, panties, lace, baby blue, pink, Sale, Promo, clearance

Keyword spam is the use of words (such as brand names, item names, or other terms) that have nothing to do with the item listed so that the listing will appear in search results. Keyword spam is not allowed because it clutters the SL Marketplace and makes buying and selling more difficult.

In the case above, Panty, rare, goth, black(its blue), Halloween(its blue not black),  underwear, undies, panties, lace, pink(again its blue) sale, promo, and clearance are spam words. 

And that is just one example.. 

None of these are "spam words".

Have the Lindens found them as such? A product called "corset" gets to have "underwear, undies, panties, lace" etc.

And the reason it has other colours listed is -- wait for it! -- it comes in a variety of colours! And as far as I recall, you can't make a separate listing for each colour. Honestly, with the kind of people who file abuse reports and the Lindens own notions, it's hard to see how people can keep their products up for sale.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

None of these are "spam words".

In your opinion anyway.. 

38 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Have the Lindens found them as such? A product called "corset" gets to have "underwear, undies, panties, lace" etc

Seeing as they have been unlisted, i would say so, and YES its says as much in the listing guidelines. Here is the one for sub categories that you think is stupid. 

HERE  is the keyword spam one. 

40 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

And the reason it has other colours listed is -- wait for it! -- it comes in a variety of colours! And as far as I recall, you can't make a separate listing for each colour. Honestly, with the kind of people who file abuse reports and the Lindens own notions, it's hard to see how people can keep their products up for sale.

Of course you can! Why would you ever think you cant list multiple colors in different listings?!? Black and pink are spam as it is a BLUE corset. Good lord. 

You say over and over how much sub categories are useless and yet you use them properly. I wonder why that is, perhaps you dont wish you own items pulled? 

 

pot-and-kettle.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2018 at 7:18 PM, Drake1 Nightfire said:

In your opinion anyway.. 

Seeing as they have been unlisted, i would say so, and YES its says as much in the listing guidelines. Here is the one for sub categories that you think is stupid. 

HERE  is the keyword spam one. 

Of course you can! Why would you ever think you cant list multiple colors in different listings?!? Black and pink are spam as it is a BLUE corset. Good lord. 

You say over and over how much sub categories are useless and yet you use them properly. I wonder why that is, perhaps you dont wish you own items pulled? 

 

pot-and-kettle.png

1) we don't know that the Lindens unlisted this for spam words -- did they say so? They could unlist for the "wrong" category

2) just because they unlist for either reason doesn't mean that their decision is just -- do you behave this way with RL governments? I'll bet not!

3) the picture shows blue but if it is available in other colours, I fail to see why it is "spam" to put that in the same listing, regardless of whether you can make 10 listings with 10 different colours or not, and I'm not aware that you can do that

4) A strange notion -- that you can't criticize unjust laws even while you obey them so as to avoid penalties. Again, you're like this in RL, right? And what authoritarian regime do you live under? I also have things arbitrarily unlisted for reasons I never fathom despite good-faith attempts, which is why I protest and show solidarity with the OP

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

3) the picture shows blue but if it is available in other colours, I fail to see why it is "spam" to put that in the same listing, regardless of whether you can make 10 listings with 10 different colours or not, and I'm not aware that you can do that

Theresa Tennyson looks at Mr. Neva's Marketplace store.

Not only is it possible to make multiple listings for different colors, you've done it your own self.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2018 at 6:30 PM, Prokofy Neva said:

Argumentation by wild exaggeration never works.

Hmm I see it as an analogy rather than a "wild exaggeration."

Just addressing the use of categories I concur with Drake. If a subcategory is provided  just use it.

Here is another analogy - If I have a dresser for my clothes with a sock drawer, t-shirt drawer etc. don't just toss everything on the dresser and say "done".  Sub-categories serve the same purpose which is to help people find exactly what they are looking for without having to sift through everything that might be put in that drawer. 

Now is the system perfect with all possible sub-categories? Nope. But it doesn't mean that if one exists that fits your item that you get toss it all on the dresser without consequence.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings!

Please refer to the Marketplace Listing Guidelines. 

The guidelines are extremely clear on what is and what is not permitted with regards to both Category Selection and Keyword Spam.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/listing_guidelines#category-guidelines

"Do not post items in the "Top Level" categories such as Apparel, Home & Garden, etc. unless there is not an appropriate sub-category that applies."

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/listing_guidelines#keyword-spam

"Keyword spam is the use of words (such as brand names, item names, or other terms) that have nothing to do with the item listed"

If you are selling an item that is blue, and you include Pink, Orange, Red, etc., in the keywords, then those additional terms are considered spam since the item is blue, not Pink, Orange, or Red. 

A corset is not a pair of panties, so using panties in the keywords is considered keyword spam and the item is subject to being unlisted from the Marketplace for keyword spam if it is reported as such. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2018 at 5:53 PM, Prokofy Neva said:

3) the picture shows blue but if it is available in other colours, I fail to see why it is "spam" to put that in the same listing, regardless of whether you can make 10 listings with 10 different colours or not, and I'm not aware that you can do that

Pssst apparently YOU ARE WRONG!!! on all counts. Why you are arguing this after so many times of LL posting the same thing Dakota does is beyond me.

6 minutes ago, Dakota Linden said:

Greetings!

Please refer to the Marketplace Listing Guidelines. 

The guidelines are extremely clear on what is and what is not permitted with regards to both Category Selection and Keyword Spam.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/listing_guidelines#category-guidelines

"Do not post items in the "Top Level" categories such as Apparel, Home & Garden, etc. unless there is not an appropriate sub-category that applies."

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/listing_guidelines#keyword-spam

"Keyword spam is the use of words (such as brand names, item names, or other terms) that have nothing to do with the item listed"

If you are selling an item that is blue, and you include Pink, Orange, Red, etc., in the keywords, then those additional terms are considered spam since the item is blue, not Pink, Orange, or Red. 

A corset is not a pair of panties, so using panties in the keywords is considered keyword spam and the item is subject to being unlisted from the Marketplace for keyword spam if it is reported as such. 

 

Thank you Dakota. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now