SL keeps freezing when I log in

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Maybe your graphics are set to high, try reducing graphics settings.

PS try logging in to location "Suduffco", that is a pretty empty water sim between Heterocea and Sansara...

Edited by Fionalein

It would also help if you could give us your computer specs, such as graphics card, RAM etc for us to see how powerful (or not) your machine is. Perhaps your graphic settings in world are set too high for your graphics card to handle.

Also, using a wireless connection for SL has been known to cause issues, it's always best to direct connect your modem to your comp/laptop for SL.

I have a Dell Inspiron1700 (5759) 64 bit windows 10, CPU Intel Core TM 176500 CPU @ 2.50 GHZ, memory 1600 GB. There is no good place to find all those specs so, here is what gathered:

Graphics card: Intel (R) HD Graphics 520 - Video card chip type Intel (R) HD Graphics family .

Is this all you need or is there more I can provide to help decipher what I may need or be lacking to solve my issues with SL?

Thanks for all your help,

Milla

I don't know much about graphics cards but that sure looks like a onboard graphcs chip me. If you run SL on a desktop PC you can get cheap  GPUS beginning at 30 bucks which will improve your LS experience (just don't expect the cheap cards to allow you to run it on "ultra" settings ;))

Edited by Fionalein

Yeah, it is "an integrated graphics unit, which can be found in various ULV (Ultra Low Voltage) processors of the Skylake generation". 

Set all of your graphics to super low and then you can play around with what things you can increase a bit without causing a freeze-up.  Definitely don't expect too much from it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.