Layered business suit for Maitreya Lara?

HSHPrincessofCarlisne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2191 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

After joining SL not too long ago, I quickly found out with some suits that I purchased that clothing layers can't be worn with mesh bodies alongside mesh clothing, so the shirt that comes with the suits won't appear.

... Are there any basic mesh suits that come with a shirt or some kind of top? I'm using the Maitreya Lara body. 

I'm looking for something simple and fitted like the ones in the picture that don't have puffs or frills or anything like that. Preferably I'd like one that doesn't come with a waistcoat or a tie. Scarves are fine though... and I'm looking for skirt suits

Thank you...

Picture1.png

Picture2.png

Hi, welcome to SL!

Whenever you buy something, always check the body compatibility. That's the downside of mesh bodies for me, but I still love them. Some Fitted items might work for you even if they are not maitreya as your shape seem to be very thin, but avoid "rigged" for clothes, always prefer "fitted".

There is a pretty dress I like for business, that's not the same that you are wearing, but still very classy:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Full-Perm-PinUp-Girl-Pencil-Skirt-Dress-FITMESH-Slink-Maitreya-Belleza/8371788

Full Perm PinUp Girl Pencil Skirt Dress FITMESH - Slink - Maitreya - Belleza

This is FULL PERM, which means it'll be copy/mod/transf, that's mostly a product for creators, if you have zero intentions in personalizing it, you'll probably find a version of it in marketplace.

I have my own:

Werk it gurl

• Like 1

Hi, Sylvannas...

I actually have that one already; it comes in different colours by different creators, so there's plenty of options.

... I've mostly purchased dresses and the odd pencil skirt-shirt combo which happened to work, but I'm looking for a suit. 

I'm not THAT new to SL, but I'm still learning; I have never considered the difference between fitted and rigged mesh items, thank you!

P.S.

What is that hairstyle in that picture? It looks lovely!

Edited by LottaSinclair

10 hours ago, LottaSinclair said:

Are there any basic mesh suits that come with a shirt or some kind of top?

Would you consider an applier top? They don't have the realistic detail that a mesh top would have, but at least they are guaranteed to work beneath a jacket and skirt. Here is one worn by me (though I know it's not the type of suit you want):

Snapshot_001.thumb.png.1247c3b2b400944f9b9face39eb973c8.png

9 hours ago, LottaSinclair said:

I have never considered the difference between fitted and rigged mesh items, thank you!

Rigged mesh clothes are connected to the avatar skeleton; they respond to skeleton shape adjustments like height and hip width but not to soft-tissue adjustments like bum/breast size, so they are usually available in a set of standard sizes, S/M/L etc., and you can adjust your body shape to fit the clothes. Fitted mesh clothes are rigged too, but they do respond to soft-tissue size adjustments. However since each mesh body has its own idea of what big/small means, fitmesh clothes are always designed for a particular body type. It is usually possible to wear rigged mesh clothes on a mesh body by adjusting your body shape to fit, which is exactly what I'm doing with the jacket and skirt above.

Edited by angeoco
fixed spelling mistake
  • Like 1

Hello again, angeoco!

Yes, a shirt applier sounds great! Are there many shirt appliers compatible with my mesh body though? Yours looks really good!

What shirt applier are you wearing? Is it compatible with my mesh body?

Thank you so much for informing me of all these things; I'm learning a lot from everybody's suggestions and you've helped me out immensely... I purchased the shirt and skirt you suggested and it works quite well! Although not perfect, I'm rather happy with it and I wear them quite a bit. 

p.s. Your avatar looks really pretty!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LottaSinclair said:

Yes, a shirt applier sounds great! Are there many shirt appliers compatible with my mesh body though? Yours looks really good!

I think Maitreya is Omega-compatible, so any applier with an Omega or Maitreya option should work on your body. For some bodies, you'll need to purchase an additional gadget from Omega to make Omega appliers work. I've not done that so I'll leave the details to others. :) A couple of bodies have Omega built in; I think Maitreya Lara might be one.

The Baked on Mesh project being worked on now will make system stuff work on mesh bodies. Wear your system skin, make-up, clothes - all the things which don't show up now - and those textures will show up on the appropriate mesh body part. Once Baked on Mesh is live and your body is updated, you'll be able to wear those system shirts. Appliers will only be needed then for body parts which haven't been updated.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LottaSinclair said:

What shirt applier are you wearing? Is it compatible with my mesh body?

Appliers are the mesh-body equivalent of system layer clothes, and are used for skin, makeup, tattoos, and skin-tight clothes like underwear. For a Maitreya Lara body, you can use Maitreya appliers or Omega appliers. Omega appliers are compatible with nearly all mesh bodies but you usually need to also have the Omega relay for your body, in your case the Maitreya system kit. When you want to wear an Omega applier, attach the Omega relay then click the applier HUD, which paints the applier on your body, where it stays until you clear it (in the layers page of your Maitreya HUD) or replace it.

In the picture I'm wearing this: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/SD-Vintage-Blouse-Lace-Pack-with-Appliers-11-Colors/9648988

5 hours ago, LottaSinclair said:

Thank you so much for informing me of all these things; I'm learning a lot from everybody's suggestions and you've helped me out immensely... I purchased the shirt and skirt you suggested and it works quite well! Although not perfect, I'm rather happy with it and I wear them quite a bit.

p.s. Your avatar looks really pretty!

You are very welcome, and thank you! smile.png

(P.S. Yes, appliers are an awkward way to simply wear clothes, but the good news is that there is new technology on the way which will allow us to wear system layer clothes on mesh bodies, but it seems it will probably be next year before we can start using it)

Edited by angeoco
  • Like 1

On 26/04/2018 at 2:36 PM, Chic Aeon said:

I did a quick search on my blog and along with LOTS of male suits, I found this one. May or may not be enough "shirt" for you :D.

http://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2017/10/corporate-connection.html

36777211524_7e4b164c77_z.jpg.767b0264c828d46a17b71cbb7c2636a4.jpg

That outfit looks absolutely AMAZING!  I looked at your blog post and followed the links but the in-world stores were inaccessible. I couldn't find the outfit in the marketplace either. Not even the gloves. 

Could you please point out where I can find this? :P Oh, and tell me there are more like this one and that it comes in multiple colours!

7 hours ago, LottaSinclair said:

That outfit looks absolutely AMAZING!  I looked at your blog post and followed the links but the in-world stores were inaccessible. I couldn't find the outfit in the marketplace either. Not even the gloves. 

Could you please point out where I can find this? :P Oh, and tell me there are more like this one and that it comes in multiple colours!

Sorry I mostly blog events as that is what many designers use to release there products.  So AFTER the event is over (usually a bit less than a month) the outfit goes to the main store. This was a BAIASTICE outfit so it should be there. If not, you could contact the owner but I am guessing it should be there.  I am not sure I should put up the link to the store but a search will find the shop easily. Actually it is on its own sim LOL with that name so you don't even have to look it up. Yes, a lovely outfit. Not something I wear in my off hours but I have used the purse often in blog post, one of my favorites. 

Hope that helps. 

And yes, sure it comes in MANY colors as all her outfits do. 

PS looked in my inventory and it is the Kyren suit. I usually have that in the posts (partly so that I can find things later) but forgot on this one it seems. 

Edited by Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2191 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.