Visitor access list to Linden Home

gedman9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2212 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a new Linden Home but can not see how to updater or add to a visitor access list, so when I tp anyone to the house they get to front door and can not access due to private yellow bands /  How do I update access list ?

3 answers to this question

Repeating what Rolig said:

1.  While in your home, go to the World menu and select Parcel Details.  This opens the About Land window.  Examine the information of each of the tabs in this window...it's where you make all your land settings and "manage" your land.

2.  In the Access tab, check "anyone can visit".  This removes the ban lines for everyone.  You can ban any troublemakers one by one, by clicking Add and adding their user name to the parcel's ban list.  Or, if you are very security conscious. UNcheck "anyone can visit" and then specifically add the names of your friends to the "Allowed" section of this window.  As an alternative to ban lines, you can get a "security orb" from the Marketplace.  If you do, be sure that you set it up so that it isn't booting your neighbors out of their own homes.  My own preference is not to use either general banlines or security orbs.  I'd rather be friendly and welcoming to all, until they prove themselves a nuisance.

3.  In the Options tab, UNcheck the box that says "avatars outside this parcel can see/chat with avatars on this parcel".  This will make anyone in your home invisible to anyone outside your home, AND VICE VERSA.  You can still be seen as being present, as a green dot on the minimap or in the People/Nearby window.  Nearby chat is also blocked.

4.  There are other choices in the Options tab.  Here is how I have mine set up:

Capture.PNG.fda2236db448f739f0a761ce231df066.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Your Linden Home should not have those ugly ban lines around it unless you put them there.  Ban lines that were left there by a previous owner should have been removed automatically when he left.  Contact Live Chat to get their help. If you put them there yourself accidentally, you can remove them in World >>> About Land.  There is rarely any good reason to use them, since there's no way to steal or vandalize anything in your home, and you are not there most of the time anyway.  When you are there, you can eject anyone who doesn't leave voluntarily at your polite request.  I'd suggest using the option in About Land to mark your parcel so that no one outside of it can see or hear what you are doing inside.  Then your friends' access problems will go away.  B|

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2212 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.