builder mesh

Gianfranco Foxclaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2244 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, I received the mail of 15 years of second life, and among many things I read also the news that will bring to improve our experience on Second Life.
since I'm a mesh shoe maker, today I spent more than 1000 linden to load the mesh (do not ask me how), it will be possible, one day, to load mesh temporarily (local) as it happens for textures (images) ?

3 answers to this question

That is very unlikely.  As you probably know, local textures are not actually uploaded to SL at all. Local textures remain on your own hard drive and are therefore only visible to you, personally, when your own graphics card applies them to an object in SL.  However, a mesh object cannot be simply displayed on your screen.  It has to actually be uploaded to SL so the the servers and the physics engine know where it is and how to deal with collisions and other interactions.  There's no way to do a "temporary upload" that won't be just like a real upload.

You really don't need to do a lot of test uploads, though.  Instead of spending L$1000 a day for uploading experimental meshes, you should be doing all of your experimentation on Aditi (the beta grid).  Uploads there are free.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Gianfranco Foxclaw said:

Hi, I received the mail of 15 years of second life, and among many things I read also the news that will bring to improve our experience on Second Life.
since I'm a mesh shoe maker, today I spent more than 1000 linden to load the mesh (do not ask me how), it will be possible, one day, to load mesh temporarily (local) as it happens for textures (images) ?

You can upload in Betagrid with Virtual Lindendollars for testing, once you are out of lindens there reset your account with a password reset to get some new ones (or so I read). Once satisfied in betagrid upload that model to SL main grid.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

If you have not been using the ADITI (Beta/Testing) grid, your first login likely will be a problem. Once it fails, send a Support Ticket to Linden Support and ask for them to fix your ADITI login. It is a known problem, at least to those of us that use ADITI. Once fixed you should be good.

Inventory is a copy of the inventory you have for the main (AGNI) grid. However, things you add to inventory in ADITI never show in your AGNI inventory. 

After each login on ADITI you inventory will update to the latest changes in your AGNI inventory. Usually within 24 hours. But, it may take longer.

The update is a sync process. However, things you delete from your AGNI inventory do not get deleted from ADITI inventory. So, ADITI inventory is especially prone to clutter. Make an extra effort to keep ADITI organized.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2244 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.